What have they found on mars?

There are some headlines about a puzzling discovery on Mars. What if the US proved extra terrestrial (hmmmm) and what would that mean to Muslims? Overnight they could make religion de funct? Which I believe is true.

Take your pick...

slater_on_mars1.jpg

Rodney2q

Attachments

.... a bar ... in fact a Mars Bar ... Taxi !!

What headlines?

M

Mr_Tigger

Isn't Mars very volcanic? They look like bubbles. Especially since the biggest ones seem to have collapsed. Maybe with pockets of gas and less gravity than earth they cooled very quickly and set.

Disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing about geology and even less about space.

There are some headlines about a puzzling discovery on Mars. What if the US proved extra terrestrial (hmmmm) and what would that mean to Muslims? Overnight they could make religion de funct? Which I believe is true.
You know that great big lump of black rock that they walk round in Mecca, occasionaly stopping to trample each other to death in a Hillsborough style display of pious fervour...well that rock came from space.

We see strange volcanic formations or at a stretch aliens, they see the hand of god stretching out throughout the universe leaving his mark everywhere.

The hidden reason that the right people are exited about this is because just such structures appear to be a prerequisite for life in some theories of the ORIGIN OF CELLS.... ie a membrane through which substances can pass through osmosis.

if a replicator molecule was to occupy such a bubble then the theory of selection could begin, the replicator hijacked bubble would out replicate the "dumb" bubbles as they compete for space and bubble making gunge.. thus the 2 part primitive cell as a symbiont , wheather "alive" or not would replicate..