What have the Australians ever done for us?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Feb 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not wishing to hijack to other thread.

What have they ever done for the rest of humanity? Have they ever invented anything worth while?
  2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Kylie and Danni!
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

They took all our Crims at one point!
  4. Turned up for wars on time?
  5. Built that great firework platform, the reflections in the water are ace...
  6. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

7. 500 Egyptians can't all be wrong.
  8. Who gives a XXXX
  9. The King's Speech? Lionel Logue was Australian. Er, Kylie and Danii again? The rotary clothes line? Taken Ben Elton off our hands (not wishing to hijack another thread either :)) Kylie and Danii?

V8 Supercars :)
  10. Oh yes! They also invented the rotary washing line, ultrasound, a stick that comes back to you and the stubbie. And that beer in Earls Court isn't going to serve itself you know. List of Australian inventions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave off the Aussies. They're good people as long as they're not winning a major sporting event.
  11. Generally, I agree. They are bad losers, but they can be even worse winners, magnanimous in neither defeat nor victory. Although in fairness whilst I was there during the 2003 Rugby World Cup the pommie bashing got very bad I kept an eye on their press during the recent Ashes and they were a lot better, a lot more measured and fair to both sides.
  12. Those little cooler things for your beer

Though I stand by my comments on the other thread
  13. Cos we're not are we? Isn't 'Two World Wars and one World Cup, Doo Daa!' our unofficial National Anthem?
  14. Yeah, Our media isn't great. That said I just watched Beneath Hill 60. Is it possible for them to make a war film without slagging us off?