What have the army been up to recently?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by RoflsaurusRex, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Army helped out during the foot and mouth fiasco and fire strikes a few years back but other than peacekeeping and afghan what else have they been up to?
    Not really been following the Lybia thing, is it just the Navy and RAF involved so far or are the Army there too?

Sorry if I sound thick, I probably am :thumright:

2. What has the Foot and mouth and fire strikes got to do with Lybia?

3. FACKS SAKE! I dont make myself very clear do I? (even though theyre both mentioned seperately in different paragraphs..)
    I've got an interview coming up and i want to know where the armys based, why theyre there and just what activities theyve got involved in.

4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I bumped into Frank yesterday. It's mostly windsurfing, expeds and pretty girls on beaches these days.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just go talk to the SAS bloke down the pub, he could tell you loads of info.

6. Blimey....bit sensitive aren't you.

7. Time of the month aint it..

8. Replying with FACKS SAKE will not get you much help either?

No you didn't.

They're based where they're told to be, they're there because they're told to be and they get involved in what they're told to :D.

Specifically what is the interview for?

Have alook at the Army website, first maybe?

They are based all over the Uk, some still in Germany, Belize still at least for a little while longer, Cyprus, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Its still a no fly zone operation in Lybia however some advisors ;) are involved I remember reading somewhere

9. So you want to know what we've been up to do you?

Well me and a few of the lads went into Andover the other night. Jonesy got sucked off behind some bins off a dirty scutter and Taff got a hand job by a West Indian tranny. Ginge and Smudge got into to a fight over a spilt pint and Chalky was sick in the taxi home.

Hope this helps.

10. interview to join.. tried the army website and got a load of info but just wanted a bit more to go in with other than naming a few countries where the armys based.
    thanks anyway :D

11. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

12. Didn't know you were a wench.

13. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Did Taff get a phone number by any chance? I'm just asking for a friend, you understand.

14. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

All of them were in Twickenham last weekend . . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.