WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO SPORT IN THE AMS?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by neanderthal, Apr 5, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone else think that sport in the AMS is not receiving the attention it deserves? I understand that this year's Harris Cup was a round robin single day competition, instead of the usual rounds and final stretched out through the season.

Sure operations may have an effect and they certainly will have done last year, but given that the numbers deployed on ops is reducing, shouldn't the effort be made to support our AMS competitions?

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Not seen a decent Harwood Cup in 10 years or the other trophies. Cant remember the last Cricket tournament.

Unfortunatly the AMS is stretched to the limit and with only a couple of units available to play, soon only the TA will win the finals.

3. the Harwood cup was a bit of a walk over this season, 33 fd hosp got hammered, i think it was about 12-0 or something, good job they put out their strongest side otherwise it could have been a rugby score. :wink:

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

What not the dodgy 33/ Blockhouse/ Haslar team?

5. thatll be the one, they were beaten by the unit with the equally as large 'squad' to choose from: DMSTC. :wink:

6. Hopefully we'll see better representation in the AMS Athletics and Tug of War Championships.

Does anyone know if there will be a Cricket competition this year?

Has anyone entered?

7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Give 4GS a ring they are pretty sporty!

8. not at football theyre not (4-0) :wink:

9. Who are the AMS's sporting superstars?

Is there a unit of which others tremble at the thought of taking the field?!

10. Hey guy's the Harris cup was a good competition this year! 3 CSMR entered as a regiment for the first time and finished runners up! 4 GS won but they had 3 fijian ringers in from 27 regt RLC!!!!! , So i gotta say beware the boys from 3 CS are on the prowl!!! The AMS sevens was a shambles and DMSTC won , again due to the fact that they had some fijian superstars......... :evil:

so if your after playing RUGBY get to 3CSMR as it's taking off big style with tours to USA , Cyprus and Germany on the horizon, wanna know more drop me a line!!

11. The reason sport is going down the pans in the AMS is due to the MDHUs. Try getting time of to do some phys there!

Christ, you'd have thought I had asked them to sacrifice their first born :roll:

12. I thought that the "contract" with the MDHU included time off for sport.

What are MDHU COs and Admin Offrs doing about ensuring that military personnel are given their contracted time off for sport?

Does anyone complain to their CO if they don't get away to play sport?

13. Erm, not alot. . . . .

Constantly, but to no avail!

14. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahhahahahahahahaha

oh, that hurt me :lol:

15. and Santa Claus delivers presents at Christmas :lol: