What has got better and worse in Iraq

#1
Right, having just suffered a 22 hour journey back to the UK from Basra Ive got to say that travel has got worse and thats an understatement. How the movers have managed to turn a 6 hour flight into a 22 hour fukc around is a monoment to there ability to cokc up anything! Another thing is the traffic restrictions! 20 KPH FFS, I hate it when I get overtaken by the runners and even worse the monkeys are out there with their fukcing speed guns! And to cap it all there is a point system in force where they keep giving you points until you reach 12 and then you "lose" your FMT 600. And the good points.................... nearly £2500 at the end! What I would like to know is:

1. Why cant we fly direct from Bsra like we used to
2. If we cant fly direct from Basra why not Kuwait
3. What fukcing use are monkeys other than mucking the "real" troops around.

For all you monkeys,do not bother replying because I couldnt give a stuff you useless tawts.

Yep Im still traumatised from the experience of the flight!
 
#3
Monkeys have to justify their existence somehow........ :roll:
 
#4
Clearly a piece typed by one of those 'youngsters' with 5 mins in the army, that has an opinion on everything but really knows fcuk all about the Army, and who holds the blinkered and naive belief that life does not exist outside of his regiment.

It also appears that you young man have not quite got round to doing your literacy test for promotion! tut tut.....


BernardMcCabe said:
Right, having just suffered a 22 hour journey back to the UK from Basra Ive got to say that travel has got worse and thats an understatement. How the movers have managed to turn a 6 hour flight into a 22 hour fukc around is a monoment to there ability to cokc up anything! Another thing is the traffic restrictions! 20 KPH FFS, I hate it when I get overtaken by the runners and even worse the monkeys are out there with their fukcing speed guns! And to cap it all there is a point system in force where they keep giving you points until you reach 12 and then you "lose" your FMT 600. And the good points.................... nearly £2500 at the end! What I would like to know is:

1. Why cant we fly direct from Bsra like we used to
2. If we cant fly direct from Basra why not Kuwait
3. What fukcing use are monkeys other than mucking the "real" troops around.

For all you monkeys,do not bother replying because I couldnt give a stuff you useless tawts.

Yep Im still traumatised from the experience of the flight!
 
#5
We haven't got the aircraft to ensure you get a Club Class return. What frames we have got are stretched rather thinly between Telic & Herrick. If you think the Movers decide what flys and when, then you are seriously barking up the wrong tree. A nice JOINT organization decides what flys, where and when.
As for the MT - if the accident stats back up their actions (people speeding etc) then I support what they do. Again - if you've never had to deal with the aftermath of avoidable RTAs, suck it up, cupcake.
 
#6
Bacon_Grill said:
Clearly a piece typed by one of those 'youngsters' with 5 mins in the army, that has an opinion on everything but really knows fcuk all about the Army, and who holds the blinkered and naive belief that life does not exist outside of his regiment.

It also appears that you young man have not quite got round to doing your literacy test for promotion! tut tut.....


BernardMcCabe said:
Right, having just suffered a 22 hour journey back to the UK from Basra Ive got to say that travel has got worse and thats an understatement. How the movers have managed to turn a 6 hour flight into a 22 hour fukc around is a monoment to there ability to cokc up anything! Another thing is the traffic restrictions! 20 KPH FFS, I hate it when I get overtaken by the runners and even worse the monkeys are out there with their fukcing speed guns! And to cap it all there is a point system in force where they keep giving you points until you reach 12 and then you "lose" your FMT 600. And the good points.................... nearly £2500 at the end! What I would like to know is:

1. Why cant we fly direct from Bsra like we used to
2. If we cant fly direct from Basra why not Kuwait
3. What fukcing use are monkeys other than mucking the "real" troops around.

For all you monkeys,do not bother replying because I couldnt give a stuff you useless tawts.

Yep Im still traumatised from the experience of the flight!
Well bless you for calling me young! Im 51 and I believe I told all monkeys not to bother replying. Sorry for being illiterate but thank you for pointing out my shortfalls you tawt
 
#7
I didnt realise you had to take a spelling test before you posted on ARRSE, is it something new?
 
#8
Mr_C_Hinecap said:
We haven't got the aircraft to ensure you get a Club Class return. What frames we have got are stretched rather thinly between Telic & Herrick. If you think the Movers decide what flys and when, then you are seriously barking up the wrong tree. A nice JOINT organization decides what flys, where and when.
As for the MT - if the accident stats back up their actions (people speeding etc) then I support what they do. Again - if you've never had to deal with the aftermath of avoidable RTAs, suck it up, cupcake.
I dont expect club class when moving and I also understand the shortfalls of the RAF when it comes to aircraft which is why I didnt mention them. What would be nice, would be a quicker journey and I also put a heading saying what do you think is better or worse in Iraq hence my post. As for road accidents I like you have been at the aftermath of a RTA however I find it hard to find the justification for traveling slower than the national speed limit in the UK because we are so keen to follow the lead of out American friends who funnily enough have the self same speed limits! Talking of which thats one of the better things in the COB, the Yanks are in and hopefully taking over from us soon!
 
#9
BernardMcCabe said:
Bacon_Grill said:
Clearly a piece typed by one of those 'youngsters' with 5 mins in the army, that has an opinion on everything but really knows fcuk all about the Army, and who holds the blinkered and naive belief that life does not exist outside of his regiment.

It also appears that you young man have not quite got round to doing your literacy test for promotion!
Well bless you for calling me young! Im 51
class reply Bernie, I take it that youve more than 5 minutes experience in the Army as well (if you havent then stop whinging on here new boy! :D )
 
#10
Go on then - break down the 22 hrs for us. See if I can give you any reasons for any of it.

Or are you just trying out all the buttons on this newfangled 'computer' you've found?
 
#11
look, if he is that old he probably fell asleep, plane landed, turned around, flew back to Iraq, turned around, flew back to UK, he wakes up unaware that he's been there and back twice, in the mean time 22 hours has passed. Simple, all it takes is more thought and less pish taking. Give him a break, he's just come back from an operational tour (at 51!)
 
#12
Fair one at that ripe old age I can see why the mistakes are creeping in, probably the eyesight is going and the type errors down to the fumbling of those arthritic fingers from years of stagging on in the cold and wet.

Still at 51 years OLD I reckon you could still make LCpl by the time you hit 55

As for being a tw@t, yep I sure am grandad!
 
#13
Bacon_Grill said:
Fair one at that ripe old age I can see why the mistakes are creeping in, probably the eyesight is going and the type errors down to the fumbling of those arthritic fingers from years of stagging on in the cold and wet.

OK you got me there, mind you I havnt stagged on for awhile and lets be fair it isnt to cold and wet yet!
Still at 51 years OLD I reckon you could still make LCpl by the time you hit 55

Whoa there, LCpl! Lets not get ahead of ourselves!

As for being a tw@t, yep I sure am grandad!
 
#14
Filbert Fox said:
look, if he is that old he probably fell asleep, plane landed, turned around, flew back to Iraq, turned around, flew back to UK, he wakes up unaware that he's been there and back twice, in the mean time 22 hours has passed. Simple, all it takes is more thought and less pish taking. Give him a break, he's just come back from an operational tour (at 51!)
Damm, I knew taking a nap was a mistake! You would have thought getting up for my old man pi55 should have given me a heads up
 
#15
Filbert Fox said:
I didnt realise you had to take a spelling test before you posted on ARRSE, is it something new?
That's me fckued***, fnkuced!!!&^$%&^%*, fkcued....

BLX!

:D

Rodney2q
 
#16
22 hours!

Luxury! When I was last there, it took 49 hours to get back and I was happy to be going. Dry your eyes mate somewhere people are dying for a flight to take only 22 hours, although I’m sure you didn’t spend all that time in the air eh?

And as for the speed limit on the COB last year the Corps lost a Major who was killed tragically in a RTA where I'm sure if the driver had been doing 20KPH his family would still have him today!

If all you have to bleat about from your tour is the fact it took you a day to get back and you where forced to drive slow then you have had a very easy tour, I personally wish all I lost over there was 22 hours on the way home and the extra 5 min any journey to anywhere on the COB would have taken.
 
#17
BernardMcCabe said:
Filbert Fox said:
look, if he is that old he probably fell asleep, plane landed, turned around, flew back to Iraq, turned around, flew back to UK, he wakes up unaware that he's been there and back twice, in the mean time 22 hours has passed. Simple, all it takes is more thought and less pish taking. Give him a break, he's just come back from an operational tour (at 51!)
Damm, I knew taking a nap was a mistake! You would have thought getting up for my old man pi55 should have given me a heads up
I hate to tell you this but during your nap the link in your signature died as well.
 
#18
Filbert Fox said:
look, if he is that old he probably fell asleep, plane landed, turned around, flew back to Iraq, turned around, flew back to UK, he wakes up unaware that he's been there and back twice, in the mean time 22 hours has passed. Simple, all it takes is more thought and less pish taking. Give him a break, he's just come back from an operational tour (at 51!)
Hee he heeee.... Check eyebrows, boot laces, Bergan bla bla bla...
 
#19
BernardMcCabe said:
1. Why cant we fly direct from Bsra like we used to
2. If we cant fly direct from Basra why not Kuwait
3. What fukcing use are monkeys other than mucking the "real" troops around.

For all you monkeys,do not bother replying because I couldnt give a stuff you useless tawts.
Do you know the number of fatal TAs that have occurred this year in the Bde alone? Whenever there is an increase in Traffic Accidents the RMP are put under pressure by Bde to do something about it, which means speed checks. So stop whinging unless you are aware of the bigger picture, you ignorant b@stard.
 

Latest Threads

Top