What happens when your guy comes home?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by kitkat_usa, Apr 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. kitkat_usa,
    I'm guessing here, but your name and the fact that your boy friend has been away for 18 months means that you're from the other side of the pond. You might want to post on the Multi-National forum and ask the good ol' boys there to help you out.
  2. 18 Months 8O Phew, that's a long stint. I take your fella is US forces?

British forces (after a normally 6 month deployment) usually go straight back to work for a week or two before they go on Post Op leave. This is to re-acclimatise them to being at home, and to give them time to talk to their mates or a padre or whatever about their experiences, and just get used to being at home. It may seem (to you) a little harsh, but if they come straight home on leave from what may have been a traumatic deployment, then it can make life very difficult, and can cause major relationship problems of the "You don't understand what I've been through" Type.

Remember, he will (probably) have seen some nasty stuff over there. Go easy on him, let him decide if he want's to go for that dinner with the family. Give him as stress free a time as you can, and understand that he may not want to talk about what he's done at first. When he does, let him tell you in his way, at his pace. Don't keep asking "Did you see.... Did you do....." etc. When he wants to talk about it, he will.

Good luck, and enjoy you time together. I hope you have a happy re-union. :wink:
  3. KitKats not interested in her thread anymore so its a tea time trip to the ARRSE Hole!!

4. So was he married to you at the time or were you the “other woman”, in which case you would have been living in sin and you would have been a home wrecker.
  5. J_D

J_D LE

Goku, who knows what her actual story is, she has enough to become the new 'jackanory'!
  6. I’m just trying to work out what kind of a person she is Anya.
    I already have her pegged as a mong, a walt, and a troll… now it appears she may be a home wrecker.
  7. J_D

J_D LE

Well, you know what they say;

What goes around comes around

She may just be too thicked skinned to work that out 8O
  8. Forgive the mong question, but has anyone worked out what n/m means and why is each of kitkat-usa's post's edited....once!
    I don't really give to much of a sh1t.......just midly curious..
  9. N/m mean never mind.

Her posts are edited because she’s changed the original text to n/m.
  10. Thanks for that Goku.........I'll now bugger off somewhere else cos this thread is a waste................ :arrow:
  11. which is why its now in the ARRSE Hole