what happens when you join?

Discussion in 'RLC' started by evo19, Jan 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Myself and two mates are joining the ta logistics next week, but even now after two months finding out what we can, we still know very little.
    Do you have to buy your own kit? Will we recieve weapons training in the logistics? What about kit.
    any info appreciated.
  2. Please tell me this i a WWWAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh

3. Evo,

I recommend that you post this in the TA forum. They can give you a better idea of what to expect than the Regulars in here! But, in the meantime:

No, you don't have to buy your own kit, although you might later decide to buy better kit than the military issues to you.

Yes, you will be taught to fire an SA80.

4. Ignore Litotes, hes winding you up.

Yep, you have to buy your own kit. Go here, they are great. As for weapon training; you will need to pass the Combined Units Normal Training Syllabus. I'm guessing you are going to be a Pioneer, right?
  5. Damn, exposed by an expert.... :D

6. I see the Lord Flasheart is the font odf allknowledge tonight and on form as usual.

7. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

Flashy forgot the Reserve Army Personnel Exam. This is given to all on first drill night.
  8. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Not to mention that you'll be processed using MOD F ID10T for Personnel Indoctrination Standards Suite and the Territorial Army Kit Exemption.
  9. Take no notice of these wind up beggers;
    When you arrive you will be given tea & cream cakes. You will be driven to your billets (rooms)
    Which all have internet, coloured tv, free phones and a lady will come in each morning to give you breakfast in bed.
    All your kit will be delivered to your room and another lady will wash and iron it each evening also clean and bull your boots.
    You will be introduced to your training NCO's and they will treat you with the utmost respect. Asking you politely to do what they ask. Don't worry if you can't do it, They will do it for you.
    If you struggle carrying your Bergen on those long beautifull hill walks, again don't worry they will carry it for you and call a taxi to take you back to camp. Where another lady will make you your dinner and a massage.
    I could go on but time is money..So go on join up!! I bet it's just like home!!!!!
  10. Its very much like 10andout says,but they now lay on some donkeys to help you on the beautiful hill walks and on the steep bits there are now stair lifts to help you,and you can do drill in your civvy trainers,
    APWT is now done on a computer game of your choice and you can use push bikes for the BFT .They are really trying to make it a pleasent experience now,so good luck
  11. I joined the RLC TA 4 year's ago bloody hell ,I signed up for 3 years of hell I could cope with the CSM shouting at me but I didnt like drinking tea without my biscuits .but it was the best fun I had in my life - I made some realy great freinds -

some might be on here who knows ?