What happens when the furlough ends...

ExREME.TECH

War Hero
I predict a lot of vacant office space over the next 12-18 months. Companies are beginning to realise that the advantages of home working over costs of lease/rental are considerable. Even to the degree of staggered home working- office based so reduced floor space and admin requirements whilst maintaining the team work contact.
I was in conversation with an MD of electronics manufacturer last week who has realised that he has been wasting two hours a day commuting and estimates that he probably lost 20% of his time on office chat-niceties. He also stated that all of his internal sales and purchasing teams were being more productive in their home working.
Office space to be turned in to living space

Robme

On ROPS
On ROPs
I for one remain extremely unconvinced that homeworking produces anything like the productivity and synergies that go with a dedicated place of work.
in my limited experience, I found that I got through my paper work so much quicker than being in the office. It was also nice to crawl out of bed, log on and go back to bed.
However as part of my job was site visits, then I still had to do the visits in person, and would then head into the office and do the days reports there and then.
I think it depends On the role and the access to IT, that makes it work, I don’t know what you pay for office access in the way of Petrol, Road Tax, Parking, time commuting etc leaving aside the cost of Office, which reaches stupid levels in londonstanie.

Our State Governor has just open up the Northern half of the State because all the infected scabby folk are in the Southern counties. The county where I live and surrounding counties haven't had any cases of the kung flu.

Out of a population of just over a million souls statewide, we had 470 confirmed cases of which 431 recovered and 16 died leaving 23 folks still in hospital or sick at home.

Moves are now afoot for the Northern counties to secede from the infected scabby Southern part of the State and to build a wall to keep the kunts out :twisted:

Jaffa cakes, and pink wafers are the only acceptable comestibles that are required with Brazil's finest.

Her indoors prefers chocolate digestives.
WTF the only acceptable biscuits are Belgian chocolate, fig rolls and chocolate malted milk.

WTF the only acceptable biscuits are Belgian chocolate, fig rolls and chocolate malted milk.
Nonsense. Plain chocolate digestives are the biscuit equivalent of Michelangelo's The Creation of Adam, where the hands of God and Man meet.

I predict a lot of vacant office space over the next 12-18 months. Companies are beginning to realise that the advantages of home working over costs of lease/rental are considerable. Even to the degree of staggered home working- office based so reduced floor space and admin requirements whilst maintaining the team work contact.
I was in conversation with an MD of electronics manufacturer last week who has realised that he has been wasting two hours a day commuting and estimates that he probably lost 20% of his time on office chat-niceties. He also stated that all of his internal sales and purchasing teams were being more productive in their home working.
The current mrs_mush's company went into 100% WFH two weeks before the lockdown. They've just announced to staff that it's unlikely the main town centre office (approx 3000 staff) will re-open. Instead they're looking for an out of town 'hub' with space for about 200 staff. Not hot desking, but desks and meeting rooms will have to be booked in advance.

Cue wails of grief from the workforce who said 'but how will we be able to do our shopping at lunchtimes'

I was with you on that one, but my experience of WFH has been hugely positive. I think that as a Department, we have pulled together and are as productive as we were before. I have been as busy as I would have been in the office.
Don’t underestimate yourself. You’ve posted more drivel on Arrse than ever before. Good value for the taxpayer.

The current mrs_mush's company went into 100% WFH two weeks before the lockdown. They've just announced to staff that it's unlikely the main town centre office (approx 3000 staff) will re-open. Instead they're looking for an out of town 'hub' with space for about 200 staff. Not hot desking, but desks and meeting rooms will have to be booked in advance.

Cue wails of grief from the workforce who said 'but how will we be able to do our shopping at lunchtimes'
We've been like that for a couple of years now, beats the shit out of the commute.

I think/know many small businesses will do well out Corona , I am, for once the big players will suffer the worst , no tears shed for them just the lower rank employee`s.

Milk chocolate caramel digestives.

...and Hob Nobs.

Oh, go on - and Choco Leibniz.

No small wonder you were a signaler you have no taste! Chocolate malted milk are the at the centre of the known biscuit universe

For shame good sir, it is a know proven fact that, beyond any reasonable doubt, that milk chocolate digestives, are the comestibles of choice by those that know, Earl grey being the rolls Royce of beverages, that compliments England's finest biscuit creation....

Latest Threads