What happens on TOSCA tour?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Duck24, Jun 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

My unit (TA) have two tours comming up later in the year, one to Herrick and one to Tosca. I've been allocated TOSCA.

What happens on a tour to TOSCA? How much pre and post op training is there? Is it a year all in like Herrick?

I've heard it's a bit of a holiday, but surely 6 months of that would get boring eventually???

2. Bored in Cyprus?, you are joking, arn't you

3. What happens?

Generally all your Biffs who couldn't deploy to Iraq or now can't deploy to Afghanistan start to bravely man the fuck up.

4. Cyprus...How awful for you. Sand, sea and sex.

It'll be tough but man up and you'll be fine. :lol:

5. Seriously tho, what do you actually do out there for 6 months other than ride a bike up and down some green line???

6. As one said to me, im going to get laid for 6 months at your expense. If you think Tosca is going to be boring why dont you volunteer for Herrick???

See if someone on Herrick wants your tour, unless your a certain senior TA NCO, who said if he gets Herrick he is leaving, aint what he joined the TA for 8O :?

7. I volunteered for both and to be honest would rather be on Herrick, I really don't see the point in taking a year out of my life to mong around in Cyprus which is what seems to be the general opinion of what happens out there.

I know there is plenty of banter on this site and I'm fairly familiar with the TA bashing too but I had hoped someone would give me an honest answer, more so than my unit who tell no one anything of they can help it...

8. Duck24, there are plenty of people on this site who have been on TOSCA, however as its a weekend you may have to wait until later on today for a sensible answer. I know blokes who have been on TOSCA, they never mentioned being bored.

9. As long as you enjoy digging holes and cruising in a mini moke.

10. Any danger of a serious answer anyone???

11. i really hope you are not including people who were injured on any of the herricks, the term biff is degrading to anyone injured in the line of their job

12. And they don't need wankers like you getting off on self righteousness. Fucking worrying about what is and isn't degrading, particularly if you were wounded in the herricks. Now I'm not a doctor but...blah blah.

13. I keep forgetting you are a Sustainer not an Infanteer :soldier:

14. no, but one will be along later.

15. well my advice would be to avoid tosca TA tours like crabs. i have done 2 telics and herrick before i did tosca and i would rather go back to helmand than do another TA tosca.

My unit (TA) have two tours comming up later in the year, one to Herrick and one to Tosca. I've been allocated TOSCA.

What happens on a tour to TOSCA? How much pre and post op training is there? Is it a year all in like Herrick?

I've heard it's a bit of a holiday, but surely 6 months of that would get boring eventually???[/QUOTE]