What happens next and in what order do theyhappen?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by A13x, Feb 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I handed in my application form at the AFCO last week and was wondering how long it usually takes for them to get back to me and what happens after that?
    Do i do the barb test then an interview then ADSC? I'm confused about where i have and how many interviews there actually is?
  2. barb > basic skills > interview 1 > interview 2 > pre-adsc/adsc > oath > basic
  3. Could you explain what basic skills is please?

And what's the difference in the two interviews?
  4. Don't forget the medical!
  5. An updated version of Zero's list would then be:

BARB test and maths and English assesments (Usually the same day) > Medical forms to be filled in and sent off > Interview 1 (with your recruiting officer) > Interview 2 (Did mine with a warrant officer on the same day as my 1st interview) > pre ADSC/ADSC > Oath > Basic.

This is the way it's went for me. I hear some offices do it in a different order.

It's took me 5 months to get to ADSC.
  6. Does anyone know if I can start sorting out the medical stuff (RG8) if I hand in my app. before I do my BARB test (as it it's 3 weeks until I have mine booked so wanted to set the medical ball rolling)...?