What happens in the Mess stays in the Mess!!!

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by nearly_done, Nov 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So how far does it have to go before this is no longer a true statement??

Your opinion

(and yes its cause of something that has happened to me , i think has got out of control)
  2. In Blandford it was what happens in the mess might as well be on John Cravens newsround.
  3. I suppose when it becomes criminal or where it brings the units name into disrepute. In days gone by when technology was simple (paper and pen) it was easier to keep a lid on things but with technology and people as they are the powers that be are reacting sooner rather than being accused of cover ups.
  4. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

When we murdered that hooker and buried her under the billiards table, no one blubbed.

5. Far too many JNCO spouses and civilian guests in the mess these days for anything to be kept quiet.

You can always present yourself to the Badge and ask for forgivness (take a few bottles of port).
  6. Pah! It never has and still doesn't. Just the other day I was told about something that happened in the Mess at the previous place I worked! :roll:
  7. Nothing criminal, just too much alcohol and the wrong things said to the wrong people
  8. Try twatting the RSM with a bar stool and seeing if there are any repercussions. :roll:
  9. Doesn't sound so bad ND, can't you just apologise to the 'wrong people' now you are sober?
  10. apologise done fines bought but still its managed to get to the attention of (Charlie Oscar)
  11. Saw some very disturbing behaviour in the Mess years ago. Did I go and broadcast it? Did I fukk! It's traditional not to go spouting off to those who either haven't yet attained senior rank or have decided to do a body-swerve and go into the "other" Mess.

Messes are tradition, pure and simple. Keep it that way chaps and chapesses or it'll go to rat-sh1t.
  12. I'm sure if he want to see you about it, he'll let you know!

Keep your head down for a while is best policy.
  13. I agree with what you are saying and having been a Mess member for over 20 years (discharged in 2007), would not like to see the traditions of the Mess devalued in any way. It is, after all, the most elite of Clubs to be a member of.