• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

What happens if you stay awake for too long?

I've now been awake for 30 hours straight, and I'm interested to know the effects. It's not deliberate sleep deprivation, but I'm curious what happens. Currently I'm experiencing hyperactivtity, noticing tits in spelling errors, lack of co-ordination, and a feeling akin to that of being pished. Catchy name for the new forum by the way.

When I was on the final ex of my JNCOs Cadre I found the next bit you'll be suffering is hallucinations. At one stage I swear I could see steps in front of me and tried to walk up them accordingly. But seeing as my section were yomping over Holming Beam towards Okehampton there were no steps within about 15 kms.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
It becomes harder to control what you say, you'll find your brain and mouth don't interact with each other properly.

You will find you listen to advice from anyone. And then do exactly the opposite of what you're advised.

At least you know Whet won't pop in to answer this question. Longest he's been awake is 20 minutes at a stretch.

I am not sure how much truth was in it but was told that about now you should receive an adrenaline kick, could be why your hyperactive? Other than that the only thing I was told is that you can never, ever recover lost sleep. Not sure what that bit meant though.

I am not sure how much truth was in it but was told that about now you should receive an adrenaline kick, could be why your hyperactive? Other than that the only thing I was told is that you can never, ever recover on lost sleep. Not sure what that bit meant though.
That's why he should take immediate steps and put the chip pan on to make some chips.

You die.

there was an inhumane experiment with rats and an unstable floating island in a pool of cold war.
The rat couldnt sleep without falling into the water, it lasted less than a week.

A

armadillo

It becomes harder to control what you say, you'll find your brain and mouth don't interact with each other properly.

You will find you listen to advice from anyone. And then do exactly the opposite of what you're advised.

At least you know Whet won't pop in to answer this question. Longest he's been awake is 20 minutes at a stretch.
thats where the expression to get a whet on came from, only takes 3 minutes...

That's why he should take immediate steps and put the chip pan on to make some chips.
And lay down looking at the ceiling immediately after putting the chip pan on.
Of course, loud or distracting noises make it difficult to concentrate, thereby ruining the experiment. It's essential that, prior to putting on the chips, he disconnect any device around the house that might make an unexpected and alarming high-pitched noise.

Latest Threads