What happens if i fail the initial assessments?

Hi guys,

I applied to join as an Reservist 2 months ago, looking and researching more into it...the fitness part plays a key role. What happens if I fail the initial physical tests? Would that mean I won't be allowed to join/apply for the Army again afterwards? If that is the case, it would be wise for me to ensure fitness is good before doing it because I don't want to be in a position due to this for me to not be eligible to join the Army if I fail it. Let me know!!

Take advice from the unit you intend to join. If you have issues about certain aspects of your weight or fitness, ask. You will know the targets you have to meet, so you can train towards them. If you are very unfit, do not overdo it immediately. If you are broken you cannot train. Maybe take separate advice from a gym.
Go for it. If it is what you want to do, it could be a life changing move.
Good Luck!

Take advice from the unit you intend to join. If you have issues about certain aspects of your weight or fitness, ask. You will know the targets you have to meet, so you can train towards them. If you are very unfit, do not overdo it immediately. If you are broken you cannot train. Maybe take separate advice from a gym.
Go for it. If it is what you want to do, it could be a life changing move.
Good Luck!
Thank you for your reply,
I used to be in a good shape until March this year, as I was coming close to my Uni final year completion, I stopped gym/started to stress eat a lot which made me really unfit and it was only around August I looked into the reservist role in the army and thought wow that's so good. But one question I want to follow up with is: Can I put the application on hold/delay till I am back to being fit? Would it affect the application or not?

Dunno cobra. Go and have a chat with the reserve unit and take it from there.
If you were fit before, you can get it back.
Good luck!

How old are you? If you're young, it shouldn't take too long to get back into shape if you were reasonably fit in March.
I am 21, used to be around 75kg in march, used to do around 40/50 pushups in one go, along with other activities with ease, now around 99kg...can barely do 2 pushups in one go, and I have started diet/workouts as intense as before...just worried that the Unit I applied to may think I am making excuses and delaying longer...but I think by February I can be how I was before.

Latest Threads