What happened to the topic "my little soldier"?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by SPSnoMore, Sep 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I was watching the topic "my little soldier" - rise of the chav hero".

Can anyone tell me where it went?

Thanks.

2. It got pulled. Someone said we were abusing the deceased's 11 year old sister. If you were there last night, when someone did try that, they were jumped on. No, we were abusing Sammy-Jo, who was fair game after she abused us. Shame, fun while it lasted. The FB page got zapped as well :(

3. AH Flame wars lol

4. My entire wall on FB got deleted, I was enjoying that as well. I guess all good things come to an end though.

5. Poor Sammy-Jo, where's she going to get attention from now? She was loving it

6. She was indeed fair game, Sammy-Jo is one of lifes poor unfortunates, too stupid to realise she was retarded.

As for the poor little sister, I saw the comments and thought it unfair. Not surprised it got pulled then.

Would it not have been better to simply remove the "very few" comments and leave the rest of the topic?

Perhaps the family complained.

7. I hope we didn't succumb to their request! I agree the out of hand comments about freckers sister were wrong.

PS.

I called someone a "frecker" today!

Edited as he only had one sister and I gave him plural!

8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Someone who was still in the RIP group posted a message from there indicating that the Police family liaison office was looking into some of the posts that presumably emanated from here.

No idea if that was true or not but really not the kind of attention that the site needs, especially after recent goings on.

9. Yeah, there was a lot of "you shouldn't give the details of an 11 year old out", from some yard arm clearers on other threads; when I pointed out that she was well into her twenties they were still harping, but winding their neck in after the facts had been pointed out. A few threads trying to replicate it have started, but they seem contrived in comparison. "Rise of the soldier" was a one-off, and ARRSE is a sadder place without it....

....and we still ended up with more member on our FB page than they've got on their RIP one!

10. i thought it was great, god some of you really know how to rip people apart but they coming back and back so i guess the 'chavs' as you say enjoyed it as well!! Gonna miss it chatted to some gud people!!

The Watcher

11. Oh just bloody brilliant. Some chav scum bucket can terrorise a whole area, burgle, mug and TWOC and be let off time and time again and we are to be hounded by the law because we objected to a scum bucket being called a soldier.

How crazy has this country got?

Anything for the scum of this earth. Think about it, our taxes are paying for these scum to live it up!

The police ought to arrest the family for falsely claiming the scumbag was a soldier.

Get your priorities right, and while you're at it, award the copper who aided in his departure from this earth with a promotion and a gong!

12. To everyone that took part in that thread I must thank you from the bottom of my heart. I haven't laughed that hard since my hamster/toilet roll/BIC lighter incident of 2003.

As usual, the minority ruined it for the majority, but isn't that the status quo for this century?

Again, thank you one and all.

13. So shall we play the Last (Lamp)Post for it?

14. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Whoah there, treacle. That was only me speculating as to why it might have been pulled. I have no idea if it was or not.

Porridge_Gun or whoever it was may well have binned it because it was in danger of becoming a particularly badly overloaded bandwagon or for some other reason.

15. Not to worry; I started the group, and the title was carefully worded, as was the group description. There was nothing contentious in either, in fact they were just bare facts, reported in the public domain. As it turns out that the worst comments came from a couple of non-Arrsers. I love the Human Rights Act, the bit about being allowed to express our opinions especially.....