What happened to the: Are you religious thread?

Discussion in 'The Science Forum' started by Jockharvey, Jun 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having tried to access the thread I find I am unable to access same. WTF? (from an Atheist).
  2. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Someone mentioned Jehovah.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. It must have been god.
  4. YHWH
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Good question Jock...

I think that Geordie, Taff and another went too far and a Mod had to shut it down... It must have been pretty grim stuff considering the history of the topic and the quality of other material being posted!
  6. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Pray harder JH... it'll work....
  7. BSL objected to my posting style and didn't like swearwords. He asked the mods to take me to task. Initially, a couple of days worth of posts were deleted, then the thread was locked.

The mods could just as easily have told me not to post any more and let the thread continue with only BSL approved posts/posters.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Wow...are you saying that there exists a Mod who can actually understand BSL?...top respect! Or did BSL stoop so low as to switch from his philosophical drivel to a language that is coherent...a language that he claimed was irrelevant to meaning, without semantics and antonyms?

If my memory serves me right, it's not the first time the deluded fellow has called upon higher authority to close threads that were getting too hot for him.

If one feels uncomfortable about one's blind faith being criticised then stiffle and lock away those who disagree with the dogma. A fine tradition in religion mate... Moving on or ignoring the topic would have allowed others to enjoy the debate. Shocking and pathetic!
  9. Needless to say that there is no evidence for gods and that religions are bad for humanity. :bball:

10. Unless of course, one reorientates the hear....
  11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Will there be a Resurrection?
    • Like Like x 5

12. Old news--been done already.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I saw that thread, never opened it. It was way too huge to bother with, that is to wade through searching for the quality meat. Knowing the tendency for one liners, slagging off and such like. I cannot be the only person to see it and not bother with it. Rather like those other large famous "threads" the bible and the koran. Loads of people would have heard of them and have seen them, but will definately not waste any effort to read them!
  14. Why? I'm not missing it.
  15. I am now leaving ARRSE for good, there are sufficient good blogs on the net to occupy me. Bye all, it was good while it lasted.