What gloves do everyone use on patrols?

I'm looking not so much for warm weather gloves but something that will protect hands on exercise but are dexterous enough to quickly deal with the nightmare that is PCLE ammo pouch straps.
Just wondering what everyone has field tested and hated or loved.
Cheers,
skrm

i used to have the oakleys... but in all the fairness the issue ones have lasted me lonegr and perfromed better :)

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
thankfully they kind of updated them with a lighter pig leather and no sponge 'insulation' to piss you off. before that it was goretex type of thing.

they work well with decent thermals underneath and dont take that long to dry.

I'm looking not so much for warm weather gloves but something that will protect hands on exercise but are dexterous enough to quickly deal with the nightmare that is PCLE ammo pouch straps.
Just wondering what everyone has field tested and hated or loved.
Cheers,
skrm
Issue gloves do the jobs as they're free. On tour that's all you're allowed to be get caught wearing.

Try ones that don't chip your nail varnish too much.

personally, I find that gloves make my hands feel colder, as they isolate the fingers.
I used to have a pair of dpm goretex pile-lined mitts.
They had a optional index finger thing you could use but I never wore them if I was likely to need my weapon.
They only went on in harbour areas after admin was done.
When moving, i never needed them.
Mitts are much, much warmer, and but militarily only really usable in 'downtime' in my opinion.

As mentioned above, Seal Skinz... Still use them now when needed.

I'm currently cutting around Iraq and sporting "Under Armour Blackout Combat Assault Gloves in Tan"

they fit very neatly, I've got big ******* hands, breath well. unfortunately they are a wee bit delicate, thread going on the index fingers and the non leather bits are taking some damage, I can see them being replaced after a couple of months daily wear (6-8 hours)

But they are fit for task, weapon handling, toggling the radio, using GPS etc

Its what you need them for really, If you wanted to do some gardening in them they'd last five minutes and while they keep off a chill Iraq morning they ain't in anyway gonna help keep you warm

I guess they dont issue the green knitted wolly gloves these days? I needed a bit of para cord connecting them so I did not lose them when out in the field.

I used to use a pair of neoprene gloves that were designed for fishing of all things. They had neoprene uppers and palms, but very thin leather between the fingers and on the pads of the fingers and thumbs. They were not water proof as such, but when wet, acted just lke a wet suit.

You can't get them these days, so I reall don't know why I mentioned it!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Classified Ads 15
A Weapons, Equipment & Rations 11
spank_the_monkey Weapons, Equipment & Rations 22