What gloves do everyone use on patrols?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by skrm, Jan 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking not so much for warm weather gloves but something that will protect hands on exercise but are dexterous enough to quickly deal with the nightmare that is PCLE ammo pouch straps.
    Just wondering what everyone has field tested and hated or loved.
  2. Warm dry ones
  3. Seal Skinz
  4. Gloves ? You wimp. You've been watching too many american action hero films chum.
  5. Crow Bag - thanks,
    Desktopcommando, why even bother...
  6. you shouldnt need gloves , man up!
  7. Gloves? Use your pockets.
  8. Because you're an easy target who asks wanky questions and cannot use a simple search function?

Just a wild guess.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Kidskin driving gloves should do it.
  10. i used to have the oakleys... but in all the fairness the issue ones have lasted me lonegr and perfromed better :)
  11. Don't they issue Paddy Bashers any more?
  12. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

thankfully they kind of updated them with a lighter pig leather and no sponge 'insulation' to piss you off. before that it was goretex type of thing.

they work well with decent thermals underneath and dont take that long to dry.
  13. Issue gloves do the jobs as they're free. On tour that's all you're allowed to be get caught wearing.

Try ones that don't chip your nail varnish too much.
  14. personally, I find that gloves make my hands feel colder, as they isolate the fingers.
    I used to have a pair of dpm goretex pile-lined mitts.
    They had a optional index finger thing you could use but I never wore them if I was likely to need my weapon.
    They only went on in harbour areas after admin was done.
    When moving, i never needed them.
    Mitts are much, much warmer, and but militarily only really usable in 'downtime' in my opinion.