What Gat does he have???

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by schoolstaffinstructor, Nov 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive seen this photo elswhere with rifle shown fully - deffo an M4 derivative. Just goes to show eh?
  2. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

There was another thread where it was decided that the Brit (stood next to a US Airborne fellow) was a RMP CP chap, he had an M4, so I'd say you're probably on ball. The telescopic seems to fit. The general census that they could have been issued the weapon from the Americans as (with this picture) they were guarding a higer rank, and seconded to American command.

(edited to add...perhaps a S&W Model M&P15A Rifle?)

3. Fcuking gat!!!

But yea reckon it the M4
  4. Could be an Airsoft replica...
  5. It's not one of these!
  6. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Never seen one off an A10 before :wink:
  7. At least it'd have two frunctions as weaponry and under carriage!

8. It definately be a Diemaco C7 with a Trijicon ACOG sight. Used during close protection operations. HK53 has fallen out of favour as standard HK mags can be used.
  9. so how does the bloke fly and fire his gat then in an A10 (does he stick it on auto pilot when he does his run in)
  10. He has pedals inside the cockpit. Thats why he doesn't pay attention and strafes our tanks.
  11. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I think it is mounted beneath the nose, not moveable as with an attack helicopter, so I guess he follows his nose so as to speak. If you have ever seen one fly they trog along and look like they should drop out of the sky...
  12. Sliding stock, so C8 not C7. And it's Colt Canada not Diemaco these days.

I'll get my coat...
  13. RMP CP are now issued with Diemaco C8's with ACOG sights and an AG36 grenade launcher. Funnily enough nearly identical to whats issued to UKSF.