Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games would you like to see re-made?

Cannon Fodder 1 and 2 are on GoG. As are the Eye of the Beholder series and a lot of the Ultima games. Along with my favorite bug ridden game Ultima IX. A game that deserved so much better finishing and reception than it received.

Ultima Online was my favourite, I dip into the free servers occasionally but it isn't the same without so many people playing it

I'm tempted just worried it would eat up lots of my time
That is the trouble with modern online games like that, they are not casual.
There are people who spend most of their time playing or organising clans etc. It is difficult to jump in and be competetive. They can still be fun, just beware of the hardcore players.

Are there any? Or are you just making that up.
Nice use of the term 'fanbois', that's a real argument winner.

There are many cases of buyers having to sue the company for refunds after spending thousands and realising they'd been had over.

I know of one who sued and he got fucked off in court because he didn't read the T&C's and does not understand what the term 'Pledge' means.

If anyone has pledged big money into a computer game that is in development and not considered that it may not end up the game that they want or if it will be on time then tough shit to them.

It's how crowdfunding works in this case. People have pledged money to allow Chris Roberts to create a space ship game. It is looking great. It will be out sometime in the next couple of years. The Alpha is really good. Some people love it, some people are negative. Big deal.

If anyone has pledged big money into a computer game that is in development and not considered that it may not end up the game that they want or if it will be on time then tough shit to them.

It's how crowdfunding works in this case. People have pledged money to allow Chris Roberts to create a space ship game. It is looking great. It will be out sometime in the next couple of years. The Alpha is really good. Some people love it, some people are negative. Big deal.

Why, that's just the sort of thing I'd expect a fanboi to say.

Still, thanks for the lesson on how crowdfunding works. I'll make sure and tell all the developers I've crowdfunded that they're doing it wrong.

For now, I'll continue to maintain my cynical view of The Game They'll Never Release and you can go back to paying to nosh RSI.

Why, that's just the sort of thing I'd expect a fanboi to say.

Still, thanks for the lesson on how crowdfunding works. I'll make sure and tell all the developers I've crowdfunded that they're doing it wrong.

For now, I'll continue to maintain my cynical view of The Game They'll Never Release and you can go back to paying to nosh RSI.

Yes, yes...!
Let the hate flow through you.....

Bless him.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm tempted just worried it would eat up lots of my time

I'm on 350 hours and haven't played it for about 18 months....

I'm on 350 hours and haven't played it for about 18 months....

I'll wait for it to appear on Humble Bundle again sometime

Latest Threads