What Game To Buy?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Miner, Oct 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right then my fellow geeky gamers, a question for you.

Mrs.Miner is off up country tonight to stay with friends, so I have an evening to myself. Now unfortunately I can't spend all night wanking, so I thought I'd purchase a new game for my PS3 to celebrate an evening of peace. But what should I get?

Uncharted 2 (haven't played the first one)
    Fallout 3 (Game of The Year Edition)
    Resident Evil 5 (used to like the original ones)
    or any other game you can think of.

I'm not a fan of driving or sport games, they bore me frankly. I'm also not a fan of platform games (e.g. Prince of Persia). I like killing things & solving easy-ish puzzles (ala Tomb Raider). Plus it would help to be a game I can dip in & out of, nothing that takes 100hours to finish.

I'm off on my lunch break at 1300, so a speedy reply would be appreciated.
  2. Borderlands supposed to be good i have been informed.
  3. Fallout 3 is the dogs danglies.
  4. I agree, and even though it's a loooong game the seperate misions are good to break down so as not to spend 12 hours at a time playing!
  5. Get a computer and download S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl on steam for £3.50 :)
  6. How about Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

On this Fallout 3. Im not a fan of killing aliens, I prefer to kill "real people"...or even then fancy electroplasmic charged superguns.

Is it worth me giving this a shot?..is it like COD....but with aliens?
  7. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Batman arkham asylum.

In fallout 3, there are some aliens, but mainly it is other humans, mutants animals etc.
  8. Gameplay is nothing like CoD, it's an Role player, so needs quite a bit of time invested in it (so I heared) and their mutants not aliens 8O

Heared bad things of Operation flashpoint, but ArmAII was meant to have been recieved well. One game I would advise is Bioshock, I love the storyline, quite eerie (at times) but it really is quite easy if not played properly.
  9. Miner,

You could always get yourself online with COD 4 again.

I certainly enjoyed dishing out the beats last night!
  10. So you don't actually know? Have you played Fallout 3? If not, then don't comment on what you don't know anything about.
  11. What's the deal with the 'Game of the Year Edition'?
  12. There was an add-on that was bought out. I beleive that the GOTY edition incorporates the add-on also.
  13. I've played a small bit of the game, and played it CoD style. Needless to say, I didn't get very far and didn't enjoy it. I only had it for a few hours so wanted to get as far as I could as fast as I could.
  14. Do NOT buy Op Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, it sucks.
  15. Fall Out 3, game of the year edition. I played the first game, very addictive, my teenage lads play the latest one and are addicted to it, long game but with smaller achievable missions.