What Game To Buy?

Right then my fellow geeky gamers, a question for you.

Mrs.Miner is off up country tonight to stay with friends, so I have an evening to myself. Now unfortunately I can't spend all night wanking, so I thought I'd purchase a new game for my PS3 to celebrate an evening of peace. But what should I get?

Uncharted 2 (haven't played the first one)
Fallout 3 (Game of The Year Edition)
Resident Evil 5 (used to like the original ones)
or any other game you can think of.

I'm not a fan of driving or sport games, they bore me frankly. I'm also not a fan of platform games (e.g. Prince of Persia). I like killing things & solving easy-ish puzzles (ala Tomb Raider). Plus it would help to be a game I can dip in & out of, nothing that takes 100hours to finish.

I'm off on my lunch break at 1300, so a speedy reply would be appreciated.

PrinceAlbert said:
Fallout 3 is the dogs danglies.
I agree, and even though it's a loooong game the seperate misions are good to break down so as not to spend 12 hours at a time playing!

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Batman arkham asylum.

In fallout 3, there are some aliens, but mainly it is other humans, mutants animals etc.

Gameplay is nothing like CoD, it's an Role player, so needs quite a bit of time invested in it (so I heared) and their mutants not aliens 8O

Heared bad things of Operation flashpoint, but ArmAII was meant to have been recieved well. One game I would advise is Bioshock, I love the storyline, quite eerie (at times) but it really is quite easy if not played properly.

Miner,

You could always get yourself online with COD 4 again.

I certainly enjoyed dishing out the beats last night!

P

PrinceAlbert

Davies said:
Gameplay is nothing like CoD, it's an Role player, so needs quite a bit of time invested in it (so I heared) and their mutants not aliens 8O
So you don't actually know? Have you played Fallout 3? If not, then don't comment on what you don't know anything about.

PrinceAlbert said:
Fallout 3 is the dogs danglies.
What's the deal with the 'Game of the Year Edition'?

I've played a small bit of the game, and played it CoD style. Needless to say, I didn't get very far and didn't enjoy it. I only had it for a few hours so wanted to get as far as I could as fast as I could.

Do NOT buy Op Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, it sucks.

Fall Out 3, game of the year edition. I played the first game, very addictive, my teenage lads play the latest one and are addicted to it, long game but with smaller achievable missions.

Magdovus said:
Do NOT buy Op Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, it sucks.
Agreed, a bleedin' waste of £40 imho. Fallout 3 -- I bought it after reading reviews and thought it sounded a decent game, I personally couldn't get to grips with it and sold it.

Mind you, each to their own.

Crunchie said:
Cod 4 or World at war, both good and even better on line, though i am shite at it and get zapped by 12 yr olds every 30 seconds or so
Better than getting slotted by a shot from a mile off, and then when the next map was loading, being 'ha-ha'd' at by a guy who told me he was in his early 70's! :oops: Talk about shame!!! I switched off and avoided the xbox for a few days in some sort of silent and very childish protest.

Oh....and to escape the ribbing from mates.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
foxs_marine Gaming and Software 11
thegimp Weapons, Equipment & Rations 2
R The Intelligence Cell 12