What film would benefit from a remake?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by aghart, Oct 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Although not technically a film, it was a two part effort, Stephen King's "IT" is perfect for a remake. The book terrified me and the original film had good moments but not scary enough, It was ruined by the pathetic special effects regarding "IT", stupid trash looking spider thing. They could make it really scary now and make "IT" a proper monster when it appears at the end.
  2. Fatherland by Robert Harris.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

ffs...I am sick of remakes, reboots, reimaginings and every other bloody thing beginning with 're'!

get some sodding new ideas and stop recycling old ones, hollywood. you shower of *******.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. A Bridge Too Far... with a bit more truth about the British leadership effect on the outcome... hopefully not advised by past British General Staff. And, a bit more on the real battle the men on the bridge faced, and the subsequent escape and evasion. And, a bit more than three Dakotas taking off being filmed from different angles umpteen bloody times.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. 'True Grit'

.......ah-hang on.

Eddie Murphy plays Cetawayo. The Zulus win. Tom Cruise as Lt Chard wins all the VCs but is rogered to death by a whole impi of 6 footers.

'Spice Girls-The Movie'. Ann Widdecombe plays all of them.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The Italian Job, with a slower bus driver.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. The Cruel Sea and The Dambusters
  8. Apollo 13, with a leave the cryo tanks alone bit in the script.
  9. This is the one starring Bodil Joenson, not the Orwell allegory, right?
  10. U571 with the Royal Navy

Escape to Victory with Peter Shilton in goal

Battle of the Bulge with Montgomery stopping the breakthrough not Kojak

To Hell and Back with someone a bit taller and more believable than Audie Murphy. How he got the gig is beyond me
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Zulu. But done in the style of Blackhawk Down, which to all intents, it actually was - and nothing like the blancoed, Welsh glory-fest that Cy Enfield depicted.

The Battle of Britain: using no big names whatsoever and lots of top end CGI with Ju88s and Do17s. Very do-able after watching Ashcroft's new tv series on 5.

Trafalgar. Not a remake, but a newmake. Why has it not been done?

Deep Throat: starring the former French justice minister Rachida Dati. Oooooh yeeees! I'd buy that for a dollar!
  12. She looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. Leather's good 'cos you can wipe it down.
  13. Dieppe. British Braid fecking up once again and the Commonwealth taking the beating... with lessons learnt...
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Imjin Korea. Now that must be some kind of great movie, even the American General gave us credit.
    • Like Like x 1