What film have you just watched?

Well you would, wouldn't you!
Not my thing at all. Shit is about the only substance that makes me baulk, even just thinking about it - especially where slack bastards that don't pick up after their bloody hounds are concerned.

Not my thing at all. Shit is about the only substance that makes me baulk, even just thinking about it - especially where slack bastards that don't pick up after their bloody hounds are concerned.
Want to buy a glass topped table?

I agree especially on dirty feckin dog owners but I wouldn't be put off slamming myself into Mrs Craigs snatch after seeing her choccy starfish stretched by birthing a baby otter. All things to all men etc.

Had a bit of a film fest of oldish stuff over the weekend. Caught;

Ghostbusters - the original. 1984. Crap special effects but the cast is cracking & the wisecracks as good.

Sherlock Homes - the 2008 guy ritchie directed one with Robert downey junior & jude law. Still a good film - the patter between the two of them is excellent & RDJ is very good as Holmes although his physicality in the role as a bit of hard chap with the fisticuffs is the opposite of what we're used to with Lord Rathbone of the Quintessential Holmes. Game of Shadows sequel on the cards for a week or so's time before the 3rd one pops up later in the year.

The Mummy - Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. I liked the first tow with Fraser & Rachel Weisz., cos i'd watch her doing anything quite frankly. They're a bit pants as a whole but effects are good & MR Hannah is good in his role. This next one loses Mrs Daniel Craig unfortunately so her role is given to the fit blond out of Cayote Ugly - with a hair change & a Brit accent. Good effects again, pretty naff story & some very shoddy editing but on a piss freezing day cosied up in the warmth an easy way to spend a cpl of lazy hours.
All that is true about the 3rd Mummy film, but it's got one bright spot - the only time the Bristol Beaufighter has shown up in a big Hollywood movie. And I've always loved the look of that thing.

Isn't he hoping it'll be used only once by Weisz?
I think he's hoping it's been see lots of times by Weisz*.

*Star of my imagination's production of Enemy at the Back Doors.

All that is true about the 3rd Mummy film, but it's got one bright spot - the only time the Bristol Beaufighter has shown up in a big Hollywood movie. And I've always loved the look of that thing.
Not so sure about the accuracy of the interior arrangements, though!

13 minutes: The plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler

"Drama about Georg Elser's plot to assassinate Hitler. In 1939, Elser planted a bomb behind his lecturn to kill Hitler during a speech. But Hitler unexpectedly left the building 13 minutes early. Elser was soon arrested, and the film follows the events in his Swabian village, under Nazi rule, which led him to attempt this act of resistance which could have changed world history and saved millions of lives."

The film was in German with English subtitles. I had been thinking about going to my kip and wasn't sure about watching the film to start with but it became somewhat compelling as the story developed. Thought provoking on various levels. Elser was a very clever, resourceful and determined man who apparently showed great courage after capture.

It was on BBC4 so will likely appear there again and on BBC2.
If you have access to BBC iPlayer, you have four or five days in which to watch it.

13 Minutes: The Plot to Assassinate Adolf Hitler - BBC Four

13 minutes: The plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler

"Drama about Georg Elser's plot to assassinate Hitler. In 1939, Elser planted a bomb behind his lecturn to kill Hitler during a speech. But Hitler unexpectedly left the building 13 minutes early. Elser was soon arrested, and the film follows the events in his Swabian village, under Nazi rule, which led him to attempt this act of resistance which could have changed world history and saved millions of lives."

The film was in German with English subtitles. I had been thinking about going to my kip and wasn't sure about watching the film to start with but it became somewhat compelling as the story developed. Thought provoking on various levels. Elser was a very clever, resourceful and determined man who apparently showed great courage after capture.

It was on BBC4 so will likely appear there again and on BBC2.
If you have access to BBC iPlayer, you have four or five days in which to watch it.

13 Minutes: The Plot to Assassinate Adolf Hitler - BBC Four
Aye - it's good, is that.

Pumping Iron with Lou Fereno and Big Arnie.

On a completely unrelated matter, I feel like lifting some weights for some reason

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I see a few here are channelling Portnoy's Complaint.

However, moving right along, Gosford Park. Robert Altman's attempt at a "whodunit". Written by Julian Fellowes, and its very plain to see where Downton Abbey got its roots, and with a cast list that reads like a who's who of British actors all of whom are on top form (possible exception of Stephen Fry but then his part is of a bumbling oaf).

Basic story line is a 1932 weekend shooting party at the country house of a despised industrialist who made his fortune in WW1. All of the guests want something from him or are indebted to him. Things turn dark after dinner on the day of the shoot. The story is told through the eyes of the downstairs staff, one of whom has an unknown connection to the host.

The script is witty, the acting superb (Altman actually found 3 people who had been in service at the time the film is set to assist the actors in getting their roles correct), the filming, as one would expect from Altman, is professional. On the DVD there is the obligatory "making of" feature and all the actors interviewed speak of how easy it was to work with Altman and how much they enjoyed the experience. Well worth watching if you like that type of film.

Gosford Park

Pumping Iron with Lou Fereno and Big Arnie.

On a completely unrelated matter, I feel like lifting some weights for some reason

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I saw Lou Ferrigno a couple of weeks back at Liverpool Comic Con he's looking quite good for his age which is probably a fair bit more than his wiki claims.

Watched Eight Iron Men earlier this afternoon on films for men:

Eight Iron Men (1952) - IMDb

Based on a play so the setting being mainly in one room reflects this, but enjoyed its intelligent script and interaction between the characters.

The dream sequences jarred and I think were inserted for comic effect and to break up the 'one set' feel of the film but overall the film worked for me.

I noticed the Lee Marvin character and the captain when entering the room took out their magazines, could be mistaken but that's what it looked like, presumably to make safe. Does anyone know if this was 'procedure'? I presumed that as Lee Marvin had served during WW2 he would still have these 'drills' to mind and so were authentic.