I hope you're sitting down:

They even do a printable version:
You have changed my life. Indebted.

ETA. signed up, and to their film club.

Last edited:

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
When you seen as many Korean movies as I have it makes perfect sense.... ;-)

Try "I have seen the Devil" for a good example.
I don't watch many British/American films and I never watch anything with subtitles.
So sorry I won't be seeing the Devil.

I don't watch many British/American films and I never watch anything with subtitles.
So sorry I won't be seeing the Devil.

Your loss...

TamH70

MIA
I'd rather watch this...

There are a bucket-load of good music films and documentaries on Amazon Prime, mucker.

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
There are a bucket-load of good music films and documentaries on Amazon Prime, mucker.
Don't have prime and don't use Amazon.

Not really, I'm just not a big film or TV person it's all about the music in my life.
There's a Tangerine Dream documentary on Sky Arts, next Friday 19.00.

...... if you like them and have Sky, that is.

I do, 127 albums worth, without counting those by individual members.

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
There's a Tangerine Dream documentary on Sky Arts, next Friday 19.00.

...... if you like them and have Sky, that is.

I do, 127 albums worth, without counting those by individual members.
I do like Tangerine Dream and although I don't have Sky I can get Sky Arts on channel 11.

Boxy

GCM
Prey, on Disney +, the latest in the Predator genre, this time Native Americans/First Nation are the ‘hosts’

I enjoyed it enough to mention it here

ETA: there’s a very subtle nod to Predator 2 near the end that had to get pointed out to me.

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA
Unfortunately not. Though it did reach land. Two miles straight down.

Well, it did finally arrive in New York in the second Ghostbusters film, if I remember correctly.

I've just finished The Godfather II, although as it's a bit of a marathon I did it over two evenings. I can't remember if I've seen it before or if I have read the book. Regardless, I'll watch the final 'episode' next weekend. Assessed as eight US Senators bought and paid for out of ten.

Edited for spall chicken.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Prey, on Disney +, the latest in the Predator genre, this time Native Americans/First Nation are the ‘hosts’

I enjoyed it enough to mention it here

ETA: there’s a very subtle nod to Predator 2 near the end that had to get pointed out to me.
I watched that yesterday, though it very good. The end was left open, but after watching the credits, that bit was explained.

NSP

LE
'Carter' (2022) on NetFlix.

A fruit bat barking, mad as cheese Korean . . . well . . . not really sure how to categorise it.

You thought 'Old Boy' was full of blood and snot? Korean 'John Wick'?

Worse/better than that.

Pffft!

Leave your temporal lobes sitting quietly on the cushion and allow your lizard brain full reign.

Did I mention that it's an insane tour de force?

I'm not even going to try to give a potted description, though I will mention the following:

1. Mad slicey-stabby-knifey-knifey (you know how the Koreans lurve the slicing and dicing what with the ateries being hoiked out, the odd hand coming adrift, etc).

2. One of the most ridiculous motorbike chases ever stunted and CGI'd. Ever.

3. Ditto a train and helicopter chase (though the rotorary Gods will have TIA that the hero can fly the bitch with no recourse to a collective). By then, though, you don't give a fuck.

4. More motor bikes.

5. Sliced faces. Zombie-style creatures (well, it is Korean).

6. . . . and I'm not going to enter a 'Spoiler Alert'.

But there will be a 'Carter 2'.

An odd one to score: 9/10 stealing parachutes in mid-air. And 2/10 on 'Nations That Need A Collective MH Intervention'.
Watched that last night. Made me fucking dizzy, the way the camera zooms around and orbits the action. That hack n' slash continuous take melee through the organised crime bath-house must have been knackering to do, let alone remembering the choreography of it.

Latest Threads