What film have you just watched?

TamH70

MIA
I like DC as Bond as he has returned the menace to the character, moving away from the comedian that Roger Moore started, while at the same time retaining the sardonic quip at the appropriate moment.

Dalton was better. Have you seen Licence to Kill? He was terrifying to watch in that one.

TamH70

MIA
Dalton is my favourite Bond. He managed menacing yet cool.

For me, it's Connery, then Dalton and Moore. Brosnan was good but there was always something a bit odd at having an Irishman play the quintessential British secret agent. Plus he did get to cop off with Halle Berry in "Die Another Day", and she was well-fit in her role, so I am more than a little bit jealous.

But the biggest what-ifs in the entire Bond franchise has to be Lazenby. He was excellent in the role, I don't really care what anyone says, and but for an absolute ocean-going fool of an agent, he would have been Bond throughout the Seventies and into the Eighties. Moore wouldn't have been in the picture, regardless of how good he was in "The Saint" and that thing he did with Tony Curtis.

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
For me, it's Connery, then Dalton and Moore. Brosnan was good but there was always something a bit odd at having an Irishman play the quintessential British secret agent. Plus he did get to cop off with Halle Berry in "Die Another Day", and she was well-fit in her role, so I am more than a little bit jealous.

But the biggest what-ifs in the entire Bond franchise has to be Lazenby. He was excellent in the role, I don't really care what anyone says, and but for an absolute ocean-going fool of an agent, he would have been Bond throughout the Seventies and into the Eighties. Moore wouldn't have been in the picture, regardless of how good he was in "The Saint" and that thing he did with Tony Curtis.
The Persuaders.

Last edited:
The biggest 'what if'? I reckon this fella would've nailed the role.

image-w856.jpg

I liked Lazemby as Bond.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not much of a spoiler but the glider troops were on their way to Arnhem. No sign of the boot necks unless they were in their usual drag.
Well, that's more plain b0ll0cks then :

Last edited:
We'd already taken Antwerp. This effort was to secure the northern side of the Scheldt so that we could move ships up the estuary to Antwerp without ze Germanz punching holes in them with shore batteries.

Let alone the hazard from the plethora of LMBs and other mines they sowed in the navigation channels.
Yes it does make that clear at the beginning of the film.

For me it is Dalton, Lazenby and then Craig. I never rated the other three, so I suppose that makes me a heretic.

I do wonder where Bond would have gone had Dalton accepted the role when he was offered OHMSS. I was also surprised to find that he was also offered and declined the role when Lazenby quit.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
For me it is Dalton, Lazenby and then Craig. I never rated the other three, so I suppose that makes me a heretic.

I do wonder where Bond would have gone had Dalton accepted the role when he was offered OHMSS. I was also surprised to find that he was also offered and declined the role when Lazenby quit.
I wish he'd been allowed to take the role in the direction he'd wanted.