What film have you just watched?

I too have now watched " The Death of Stalin " quite a few times ... my Bold ... totally agree
“That ****** thinks he can take on the Red Army? I fucked Germany, I think I can take a flesh lump in a ******* waistcoat”

Is probably my favourite line in the whole film. Just has me in stitches.

“That ****** thinks he can take on the Red Army? I fucked Germany, I think I can take a flesh lump in a ******* waistcoat”

Is probably my favourite line in the whole film. Just has me in stitches.

Jason Isaacs delivers an incredible characterisation of Zhukov ... immensely helped by having some of the best lines in the film .

Slime

LE
The Flight of the Phoenix (1965)
I haven't seen it for ages but I did see the remake (2004) a few months ago.
Excellent movie with some brilliant actors and a good, believable story line.
"A cargo plane goes down in a sandstorm in the Sahara with less than a dozen men on board. One of the passengers is an airplane designer who comes up with the idea of ripping off the undamaged wing and using it as the basis for an airplane they will build to escape before their food and water run out."

If it were made today, I dread to think what they would make of a new cast.

I liked the film quite a lot, but even as a young child I saw the obvious flaw in the plan of how they remade the aircraft, so knew it wouldn’t fly.

I haven’t seen the remake, but have heard they mention how wings work to avoid the issue with the original film.

Slime

LE
We'll be on to Ice Cold in Alex next :)
1634671516578.jpeg

Every Arrse day an education. I did not know that.
From Mantsz's wiki page fyi

Mantz died on July 8, 1965 while working on the movie The Flight of the Phoenix, which was produced and directed by Robert Aldrich. Flying a very unusual aircraft, the Tallmantz Phoenix P-1 built especially for the film, Mantz struck a small hillock while skimming over a desert site in Arizona for a second take. As Mantz attempted to recover by opening the throttle to its maximum, the over-stressed aircraft broke in two and nosed over into the ground, killing Mantz instantly.[17] Bobby Rose, a stuntman standing behind Mantz in the cockpit and representing a character played by Hardy Krüger, was seriously injured.

The FAA investigation noted Mantz's alcohol consumption before the flight and said the resulting impairment to his "efficiency and judgment" contributed to the accident. Thirteen years later his business partner, Frank Tallman, also died in an aviation mishap.

Some who were with Mantz during the shoot dispute that he was flying under the influence, although they acknowledge he was drinking alcohol the night before the fatal flight. Toxicology tests were performed several hours after the accident; in the absence of refrigeration, normal postmortem biochemical processes might produce blood ethanol and cause or contribute to an elevated BAC level.[18]

The final credits of The Flight of the Phoenix bear a tribute to Paul Mantz: "It should be remembered ... that Paul Mantz, a fine man and a brilliant flyer gave his life in the making of this film ..."[19]

I'm not a stunt pilot. I'm a precision pilot.

Slime

LE
But it did fly. And the famous stunt pilot Paul Mantz was killed when it crashed during filming of a scene. Possibly under the influence.

What they were ’supposed’ to have done wouldn’t fly…………..it was a film you know :)

No one actually left the plane and walked around the desert to get help either……….it’s make believe ;)

Slime

LE
FFS, don't watch anything with "Star Wars" in the title.

No one should ever be given that advice…………..

Carrie Fisher, fancy hair do, need I say more :)

TamH70

MIA
No one should ever be given that advice…………..

Carrie Fisher, fancy hair do, need I say more :)

Gold bikini thing and wispy skirt too.

Latest Threads