What film have you just watched?

Persian Lessons.

"A young Jewish man pretends to be Iranian to avoid being executed in a concentration camp."

Not a bad film with a nice twist at the end.

Chef

LE
I've seen it a few times now. It's one of those films that gets better the more you watch it, as you miss so much with the fast hitting dialogue. Marshall Zhukov was my favourite.

"Hands up or I'll shoot you in the fvcking face"

Looks like the chase was filmed in Freemasons Hall, Great Queen Street. A lot of films needing grand public buildings use it.

Also, just in case you feel that military hardware mistakes are the only ones to upset anorak wearing spotters, from IMDb:

'In the concert scene, at least one cello appears to be using a modern combination of Larsen A and D and Thomastik Spirocore G and C strings. Larsen strings were not manufactured until about the 1980s and it is doubtful that Thomastik strings (of Viennese origin) would have been available in Soviet Russia.'

TamH70

MIA
I watched Vincent Price's favourite film, and the one that he met his future third wife, Connie Bloom while starring in, "Theater of Blood". Don't @ me, that's how it's advertised and shown in Amazon Prime's video player app, with that spelling. (And if you have Amazon Prime, it's yours to watch for the princely sum of no pounds and zero pence.)

It's quite good. There is a surprising amount of subtlety in Vincent's performance as an extremely hammy murderer/Shakespearean actor.

I've seen it a few times now. It's one of those films that gets better the more you watch it, as you miss so much with the fast hitting dialogue. Marshall Zhukov was my favourite.

"Hands up or I'll shoot you in the fvcking face"

I too have now watched " The Death of Stalin " quite a few times ... my Bold ... totally agree

Looks like the chase was filmed in Freemasons Hall, Great Queen Street. A lot of films needing grand public buildings use it.

Also, just in case you feel that military hardware mistakes are the only ones to upset anorak wearing spotters, from IMDb:

'In the concert scene, at least one cello appears to be using a modern combination of Larsen A and D and Thomastik Spirocore G and C strings. Larsen strings were not manufactured until about the 1980s and it is doubtful that Thomastik strings (of Viennese origin) would have been available in Soviet Russia.'

I though the resin was a bit iffy to.

Typo edit

arfah

ADC
The forgotten battle. NetFlix.

A civvy, a kraut, a glider pilot and their individual stories that become joined during the battle for Scheldt estuary.

Some of the story seemed a bit nonsensical but it was okay, I guess?

The Flight of the Phoenix (1965)
I haven't seen it for ages but I did see the remake (2004) a few months ago.
Excellent movie with some brilliant actors and a good, believable story line.
"A cargo plane goes down in a sandstorm in the Sahara with less than a dozen men on board. One of the passengers is an airplane designer who comes up with the idea of ripping off the undamaged wing and using it as the basis for an airplane they will build to escape before their food and water run out."

If it were made today, I dread to think what they would make of a new cast.

The Flight of the Phoenix (1965)
I haven't seen it for ages but I did see the remake (2004) a few months ago.
Excellent movie with some brilliant actors and a good, believable story line.
"A cargo plane goes down in a sandstorm in the Sahara with less than a dozen men on board. One of the passengers is an airplane designer who comes up with the idea of ripping off the undamaged wing and using it as the basis for an airplane they will build to escape before their food and water run out."

If it were made today, I dread to think what they would make of a new cast.
They did kinda stick to the original a few years back

They did kinda stick to the original a few years back

Hardly but any remake would have the requisite 99% of the cast of chicks with dicks at various stages of transition, couple of rug munchers and of course, the nasty one would be the straight white man.

Poppy

LE
The Mule.

Clint Eastwood directed and starred.
Doddery old divorcee and Korean War veteran short of a few bob, by chance lands the gig of delivering cocaine in his pick-up truck from one part of the US to another for a Mexican drugs cartel.
A promising idea for a film which didn’t fulfil its potential and was predictable.

4.5kg out of 10kg.

i enjoyed it but wanted something easy to watch

"Malta Story"
Jack Hawkins
Alec Guinness

RAF PR Pilot on way to the DAF shanghaied into the Malta Defences

Decent old film, the usual Victor Maddern cameo, uncreditied

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Persian Lessons.

"A young Jewish man pretends to be Iranian to avoid being executed in a concentration camp."

Not a bad film with a nice twist at the end.

What, he does gets executed in the end:???: