What film have you just watched?

For the old and bold a digitally enhanced version of " Went The Day Well " is now on Talking Pictures ... picture quality is excellent .

Infinite.

Something akin to Matrix, Highlander and Fast and the Furious . . . . . oh yeah and Jumper.

Unfortunately not as good as any of them, even the really Shiite ones.

I was in no illusions when in the opening scene a guy doing 90 in reverse against traffic in a Ferrari shoots the light out under a chasing helicopter with a pistol held outside the open window. It didn't improve much from there.

Stars Mark Whallberg, Chitwel Unpronounceable and the chick from Kingsmen.

The plot, can't be arsed to type it out though I burst out laughing at several points.
Action schlock at its worst, only good for sitting down with a few beers and ripping to shreds.

1 slow-mo watching the bullet pass by out of 5.

philc

LE
Infinite.

Something akin to Matrix, Highlander and Fast and the Furious . . . . . oh yeah and Jumper.

I was in no illusions when in the opening scene a guy doing 90 in reverse against traffic in a Ferrari shoots the light out under a chasing helicopter with a pistol held outside the open window. It didn't improve much from there.

The plot, can't be arsed to type it out though I burst out laughing at several points.
Action schlock at its worst, only good for sitting down with a few beers and ripping to shreds.

It was terrible, I know film companies had difficulty, but put some effort in.

TamH70

MIA
I watched the Monty Python team's last cinematic effort, "Monty Python and the Meaning of Life". Nowhere near as good as Life of Brian, on a par with Holy Grail, but watchable. The best bits are the songs, particularly "The Galaxy Song".

Three children sent away for medical experimentation out of five.

The spy who loved me, a great combo of smg pineapples M16s and XXX skimpily dressed
Good support from the RN, after vigil I smiled at the spacious insides of the three hijacked subs.

In fairness to Sean, Roger did keep the British end up

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Infinite.

I watched that the other night. I still don’t know why or how I stuck it to the end.:scratch:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I watched the Monty Python team's last cinematic effort, "Monty Python and the Meaning of Life". Nowhere near as good as Life of Brian, on a par with Holy Grail, but watchable. The best bits are the songs, particularly "The Galaxy Song".

Wafer thin mint sir:???:

arfah

ADC

“Did we, or did we not discuss vaginal juices?”

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
You'd have missed the motorcycle jump from the cliff onto the wing of the C17 if you hadn't.
Comedy gold.
When Wahlberg jumped out of It was even funnier.

Slime

LE
Just watched the 1959 Hammer film:
The hound of the Baskervilles.

Not too bad, and featuring some of the famous ‘50s-‘60s bright red blood.

Not as good as the earlier 1939 film starring Basil Rathbone, but a good effort for a Hammer film, and Peter Cushing didn’t do too bad at playing Holmes.

Maybe a 7/10 film.

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Just watched the 1959 Hammer film:
The hound of the Baskervilles.

Not too bad, and featuring some of the famous ‘50s-‘60s bright red blood.

Not as good as the earlier 1939 film starring Basil Rathbone, but a good effort for a Hammer film, and Peter Cushing didn’t do too bad at playing Holmes.

Maybe a 7/10 film.
I used to watch the Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes films as a teenager, they were fantastic and Basil will always be Sherlock for me, no one can do it better as far as I'm concerned.

Slime

LE
I used to watch the Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes films as a teenager, they were fantastic and Basil will always be Sherlock for me, no one can do it better as far as I'm concerned.
I’m the same.
I watch the films, and also listen to the radio plays on the ‘old time radio’ site.

syrup

LE

The Best Sherlock films out there as you say

I like the way they go from the Victorian age of gas lamps and horse and carts in line with the original stories to WW2 and battling Nazi's.

Hound of the Baskervilles also acknowledges Holmes drug taking.
At the end of the film he declares he's worn out and needs to go to bed at the door he turns and shouts "Watson the needle"

ches

LE
Jexi. A no mark, low level comedy on Prime. Starring a bloke was an occasional show up on Modern family its about said bloke who's life revolves around his phone. It gets smashed one day while he's chatting up a lass, he gets a new phone (from a very funny stroppy shop assistant) which turns out to have the best AI known to man. To the point his phone swears at him, gives him good & shit advice, & generally fcuks up his life/makes it much better. Its a hoot at times with some of the AI retorts classic. I'd love a phone like this, its like Siri, Alexa & Google all wrapped up into a foul mouthed stroppy package.
3 fcuk of & die insults out of 5

Parasite - Korean jobbie.

Very good.

Well directed, filmed, cut and presented - great story, glad I didn't look up the plot in any depth before so things could develop as the Director wanted.

Funny, gruesome, thought provoking, serious, mental, sad, happy etc... really interesting.

A rare film the missus and I had a good chat about before turning off the last night.

8.5 smells out of 10.

Slime

LE
The Best Sherlock films out there as you say

I like the way they go from the Victorian age of gas lamps and horse and carts in line with the original stories to WW2 and battling Nazi's.

Hound of the Baskervilles also acknowledges Holmes drug taking.
At the end of the film he declares he's worn out and needs to go to bed at the door he turns and shouts "Watson the needle"

I watched the Hammer Hound of the Baskervilles last night, but am currently watching Pursuit to Algiers to make up for it :)

Latest Threads