What film have you just watched?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Watched scum this morning when SWMBO was at work(not seen it in years), bit of a blast from the past, ‘name and number for the governor carling!!’
Such a nice film that the snowflake generation should be made to watch.
Watched that in Berlin 79/80, cheered me up no end knowing Pirbright wasn’t all that bad after all.:-D

Proff3RTR

War Hero
Its a bizarre take on Adolf and his adoring slaves.....but deffo funny. And then, suddenly, it isn't.

Great turn by the 17 year old 'Reste-Avec' who plays up to Jojo's bonkers notions :

' Where are the horns?
' They don't appear until you're 21, stupid! '

Also:

' our only friends are the Japanese - and just between you and me, they don't look very Aryan....this is definitely not a good time to be a Nazi.'

I loved the bit where Jojo greets his best mate Yorki in the street - who drops the end of the Armbrust he's carrying to wave- and it goes off and takes out a nearby café :-D

And Rebel Wilson picking up an MG42 and loosing off indiscriminately like some crazed Valkyrie.

Worth a watch.
Defo, I have to admit I was laughing my arse off and also watching with a sense of sadness at the subject at the same time, a very funny film, but also deeply dark when you sit an break it all down.

Jolt - Amazon Prime

Kate Beckinsale (just fcuking yummy) . . .

2.5 electro shocks out of 5

Have you lost all reason?!

Or are you gehyer than Owen Jones' butt-plug collection?

6 Potty-Mouthed 48-year Old Minx out of 5 for not only 'Jolt' but everything else.

Take this as a warning: we will not speak of it ever again.

:cool:

Slime

LE
' Jojo Rabbit '

- Didn't realise it was Scarlett Johansen as the lucky lad's ma till the credits.

Loved it.

The mum was the only good part of that film for me.
My other half thought it was ace though. It definately seems like a film for girls or hairdressers.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not guilty on either count., as I don't drive a BMW Z3.

I may be able to offer advice on interior decor though.

Last edited:

NSP

LE
who drops the end of the Armbrust he's carrying
Are you sure? Haven't seen it for a while but I'm sure it was a Panzershreck - especially as the Armbrust is a post-war development, if I remember rightly.

NSP

LE
The Forgotten Battle, about the crossing of the Scheldt, is live on Netflix as of this afternoon. Just settling down with my dinner; the opening credits are rolling...

Edited to add: Aaaaaaaggghhhh!! Fifteen minutes into the apparently much-anticipated and "well-produced" flick and there's a legless SS-Scharfuhrer-badged casualty introducing himself as an Oberleutnant!!

Not even as an Obersturmfuhrer. And he's got an "old guard" party V on his right sleeve, too...

And I'm not sure as to the stability in flight of a Horsa with that much of one wing shot away, either!

On the plus side, MP40s are regularly fired in short controlled bursts, using the butt and sights - which bucks the general trend for WWII movies somewhat.

Last edited:
Are you sure? Haven't seen it for a while but I'm sure it was a Panzershreck - especially as the Armbrust is a post-war development, if I remember rightly.
Yep.

1634319978842.png

Johned

War Hero
Last night I watched that old WW2 morale booster "Millions like Us!" starring Patricia Roc, Eric Portman, Gordon Jackson and a veritable host of well known faces, a story of mainly women working in an aircraft factory and their family origins. The best plaudits though for his acting go to Moore Marriott, the crusty old father who is aghast there will be no drudge to run about after him when his youngest daughter played by P.Roc is conscripted and drafted into an aircraft factory miles from home. Very nostalgic to the older generation.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

My comment based on a fleeting glimpse whilst doubtless the worse for drink - always happy to get to the bottom of a supremely nerd-worthy point , especially where Follywood's notorious eye for hyper-accuracy with the Reich is concerned ! :-D

Panzerschreck - Five Amazing Facts About the German Bazooka - MilitaryHistoryNow.com

Truly Arrse is the fount of all worthwhile nollidge - as any fule kno.

Anyroad the fillum got 4 pedants out of a possible 5 from this observer- do watch :)

PS Kudos to @Sonic67 for his screenshot-Fu.... we are not worthy !

Last night I watched that old WW2 morale booster "Millions like Us!" starring Patricia Roc, Eric Portman, Gordon Jackson and a veritable host of well known faces, a story of mainly women working in an aircraft factory and their family origins. The best plaudits though for his acting go to Moore Marriott, the crusty old father who is aghast there will be no drudge to run about after him when his youngest daughter played by P.Roc is conscripted and drafted into an aircraft factory miles from home. Very nostalgic to the older generation.

Lines I always remember ... father , Moore Marriott , " What is for pudding ? " to which the daughter , Patricia Roc , replies " Date pudding " ... father " Got many dates in it ? " .. daughter " Three ! " .... and of course cameo appearances by Charters and Caldicott .

Enjoyable film and doubtless a morale booster at the time .

I put that one alongside 'The Way Ahead' and another called 'The Gentle Sex', the latter about a bunch of girls who join the ATS. Excellent films, occasionally pop up on Film 4, or that one set up in a garden shed. Also, 'They Were Not Divided' following three recruits to the Welsh Guards through training and into Europe.

NSP

LE
The Forgotten Battle. Good story but not very well told in places. And a bit of a spotters dreams, certainly as far as ze Germanz are concerned.

Unless K98s came in left- and right-handed configuration and MG-42s could feed from either side without adjustment...?!!!

Just watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind with the Grandkids. The Special Effects look very dated, but they absolutely loved it. They were a little impatient at the beginning, as they wanted to “see the Spaceships”, but it truly is a magical film if you have young kids sat alongside you, particularly at the end. Spielberg was (is) a genius.

I've never seen it.

I prefer broody, dystopian SF.

But until I've seen it.... Was it a dvd or is it online?

I've never seen it.

I prefer broody, dystopian SF.

But until I've seen it.... Was it a dvd or is it online?
If you prefer Dystopian, it’s probably not for you! Think ET. A wonderful family film, with a lot of depth to it.
I downloaded it from Sky Cinema.

Latest Threads