What film have you just watched?

The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard. Made more delicious by the headshed of Greece offing the headshed of the EU for imposing economic sanctions on his country and forcing them into bankruptcy. If only art were imitating life...

The prequel is worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

TamH70

MIA

syrup

LE
The Legend of Barney Thompson.

Robert Carlyle Ray Winstone & Emma Thompson with a decent supporting cast including Ashley Jenson and Sir Tom Courtney.

Ray Winstone is a Cop in Glasgow investigating a serial Killer who post's body parts back to relatives.
Barney Thompson is a barber at Henderson's Barber shop in Glasgow "I've got two styles short back and sides and back and sides"

A chain of events that leads the police to think that Barney Thompson is the Glasgow serial killer.
Enjoyable wee comedy I'd give it a reasonable 4 body parts out of five

The_Legend_of_Barney_Thomson.jpg

'Extraction' - Directorial debut for Sam Hargrave, a former Stuntman, which is a good thing.

Plot - One drug lord kidnaps another drug lord's kid and Chris Hemsworth's character heads up a mercenary team to go get.

Enjoyed it - some very good set pieces and excellent action all the way through.

Only one thing bugged the hell out of me - near the end, after all this great action, there was a sniper shot with the thump half a second before the crack/impact - GRRRRRRRRRRRRR! So stupid!

Anyway, great brain out film - certainly captured the grime and grottiness of the Asian Subcon

The Legend of Barney Thompson.

Robert Carlyle Ray Winstone & Emma Thompson with a decent supporting cast including Ashley Jenson and Sir Tom Courtney.

Ray Winstone is a Cop in Glasgow investigating a serial Killer who post's body parts back to relatives.
Barney Thompson is a barber at Henderson's Barber shop in Glasgow "I've got two styles short back and sides and back and sides"

A chain of events that leads the police to think that Barney Thompson is the Glasgow serial killer.
Enjoyable wee comedy I'd give it a reasonable 4 body parts out of five

The_Legend_of_Barney_Thomson.jpg
Emma T did a great job as Barneys mum

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Haven’t seen this film in years, last night I was in a lot of pain, (torn stomach muscles)
I was in even more pain half way through this film, and it was a good pain, pain through laughing, it took me back in time when you could call a pikey a pikey.
I give you Snatch. I think I may have laughed so much I may have moved something because I woke up this morning and I’m not in half as a much pain.

Can't say I like her as as a person but she's a great actor

She's from that school of self-righteous late 1980's actors who took luvvie-dom to a new level.

Kenneth Branagh & Jane Horrocks are another example

Tyk

LE
Horrible CGI of the Pearl Harbor attack and ham handed overacting. Shown on a Large screen the flying sequences of the SBD's diving would be thrilling. Frankly it makes the Charlton Heston version from the 70's look better

To be accurate the Chuck Heston film is WAY better as a movie and as a feel for the history of a vital battle.
The recent one is absolute trash. I watched it a while back and was wondering if I could get a refund of the time I wasted.

She's from that school of self-righteous late 1980's actors who took luvvie-dom to a new level.

Kenneth Branagh & Jane Horrocks are another example
And hypocrisy to yet another level in the XR and Covid era.

syrup

LE
To be accurate the Chuck Heston film is WAY better as a movie and as a feel for the history of a vital battle.
The recent one is absolute trash. I watched it a while back and was wondering if I could get a refund of the time I wasted.

Are the originals better because the people who were there helped advise how to act and carry on.
In the Great Escape Donald Pleasance mentioned to the director the set didn't look right the director went mad and shouted Pleasance down.
It was pointed out to the director that Pleasance was shot down and spent time in a Stalag
The director apologised and made him technical advisor
In a bridge too far IIRC John Frost was advising Anthony Hopkins and half the guys who were there on both sides are listed as technical advisors

Today you've a guy looking at books and old footage trying to sort what's what and an 18 year old kid doing flying sequences in-between hacking NASA

Felt the same in the theater watching the "The Thin Red Line" with Sean Penn

Latest Threads