What film have you just watched?

Just watched Terminator Dark Fate, normal terminator fodder, loads of bangs, explosions and terminators killing people.
If that's the last one in the series, I found it risibly awful. The first was fine, second ok and the third good, but only for the two principal actors. This was dross, and very silly.

Not too sure whether it qualifies as 'film', but if only in length, possibly so. BBC download of Eddie Izzard's 'Force Majeure', which I'd looked forward to as I've always thought Izzard was a first-class stand-up (forget his political and social idiocy).

I managed twenty minutes without cracking a smile - and am convinced that the laughter was canned - and turned off. Dreary and wholly unfunny. He's past it.

If that's the last one in the series, I found it risibly awful. The first was fine, second ok and the third good, but only for the two principal actors. This was dross, and very silly.
I was half asleep watching it, it was ok for not having to think too much about the plot.

Wrath of Man.

A Jason Statham vehicle, directed by his mucker Guy Ritchie. I like Guy Ritchie films as he normally takes the michael quite subtlety, or even not so subtlety in some cases. This time the film seemed a bit darker and moodier than normal though..........not a bad thing considering the subject in hand. I quite enjoyed it and will give it a cheerful 4 kneecappings out of 5.

I was half asleep watching it, it was ok for not having to think too much about the plot.
It's the same as all the other Terminator films except it changes all the characters to female.

Advanced Cyborg from the future tries to kill the saviour of humanity, underpowered protector also comes from future to stop Advanced Tech, they have a fight and end up in a big industrial complex where underpowered protector beats Advanced Cyborg. Only this movie had to come up with an additional idiotic plot as to why the T101 cyborg keeps getting older and successfully lived with a family for however many years.

Terminator 2 did it way better.

Last edited:
Wrath of Man.

A Jason Statham vehicle, directed by his mucker Guy Ritchie. I like Guy Ritchie films as he normally takes the michael quite subtlety, or even not so subtlety in some cases. This time the film seemed a bit darker and moodier than normal though..........not a bad thing considering the subject in hand. I quite enjoyed it and will give it a cheerful 4 kneecappings out of 5.
Would you believe there are people out there learning about Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Wrath of Man.

Where did you see this?

The last five minutes of Mr Bean Goes on Holiday. Atkinson is not usually my thing, but that scene when he walks across the vehicles and onto the beach was quite clever and very well done.

Bloody typical. Users of Amazon.co.uk are denied the pleasure.

I just had a look and online it states the UK date is 23rd July, dunno if that is cinemas, or everywhere.

BTW don't believe the writes ups as to story line, like this one from a popular site, they have it a tad arrse about face, and generally wrong:

Overview
Despite a dangerous past as a possible war criminal, H enjoyed a quieter life working for a cash truck company. However, when his daughter is mysteriously found dead as a victim of suicide, his past and present start to mix. H turns from delivering millions of dollars around Los Angeles, to putting everything he's learned to the test as he pursues the mystery of his daughter's death. As H searches for the truth and revenge, the action scales with the intrigue.

I just had a look and online it states the UK date is 23rd July, dunno if that is cinemas, or everywhere.

BTW don't believe the writes ups as to story line, like this one from a popular site, they have it a tad arrse about face, and generally wrong:

Overview
Despite a dangerous past as a possible war criminal, H enjoyed a quieter life working for a cash truck company. However, when his daughter is mysteriously found dead as a victim of suicide, his past and present start to mix. H turns from delivering millions of dollars around Los Angeles, to putting everything he's learned to the test as he pursues the mystery of his daughter's death. As H searches for the truth and revenge, the action scales with the intrigue.

I wrote about it here, it isnt worth the wait

There is no suicide, daughter or war criminal in it, so **** knows where the review came from.

Just watched , on BBC2 , the 1948 version of “ Scott of the Antarctic “ which is about Scott’s doomed attempt to be first to the South Pole . I have many books about the early 20th century attempts to reach the South Pole . The men involved were truly hardy and went into an unexplored and harsh part of the world with relatively basic … almost primitive kit .

On a hot Summer’s afternoon pure escapism with some well filmed scenes and superb musical score ,

Last edited:

sunny james

War Hero
Just watched , on BBC2 , the 1948 version of “ Scott of the Antarctic “ which is about Scott’s doomed attempt to be first to the South Pole . I have many books about the early 20th century attempts to reach the South Pole . The men involved were truly hardy and went into an unexplored and harsh part of the world with relatively basic … almost primitive kit .

On a hot Summer’s afternoon pure escapism with some well filmed scenes and musical score ,
If you like to read about chilly places try

"The Worst Journey in the World is a 1922 memoir by Apsley Cherry-Garrard of Robert Falcon Scott's Terra Nova expedition to the South Pole in 1910–1913" free at

If you like to read about chilly places try

"The Worst Journey in the World is a 1922 memoir by Apsley Cherry-Garrard of Robert Falcon Scott's Terra Nova expedition to the South Pole in 1910–1913" free at

Thanks ... but I already have a 1948 hard copy ... amongst the parts in the book I shall never forget are ... it was so cold a candle would not burn properly inside their tent and actually formed a hood over the flame ... some of Apsley Cherry-Garrard's teeth shattered when temperatures fell below -70c ... their tent was lifted up and blown away by a storm and they had to spend an Antarctic Winter night sleeping in the open ... next day , with little daylight ,the tent was found ... all before the main expedition began .... they were looking for Penguin eggs ... the appalling conditions nearly killed him Dr Wilson and " Birdie " Bowers ... I have photographs somewhere which shows them ageing thirty years in a couple of weeks .

Hard men ,,,, and of course Apsley Cherry-Garrard like " Titus " Oates paid to join the expedition ... but still hard men indeed .

Last edited:

syrup

LE
I

Overview

Was Liam Neeson not available then?

Latest Threads