What film have you just watched?

The Chinaman, Stephen Leather. He wrote a few novels with THEM characters in.
True. My memory rebooted overnight.

E2A: a good (and prolific) author IMHO, some featuring a former-THEM called Dan Shepherd and some standalone novels.

Last edited:

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I've read a book with that plot - can't remember the author.
Steven Leather. He has written a lot of books. That particular one was called 'The Chinaman'

The Foreigner, starring Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan.
A rogue IRA unit bombs a shop in London, killing Chan's daughter.
He'd previously had a wife and other daughters, all raped and murdered by Thai pirates while fleeing Vietnam for Hong Kong, then settling in London.
Chan gets no sense from the police, so goes after the IRA in Belfast, where Brosnan is a now peaceful politician, former bomber.
It turns out Brosnan is dealing with MI5, Chan is former US special forces, and mayhem ensues.

An entertaining movie, and for once Chan plays it straight, no comedy, while Brosnan is convincing in his role of IRA man trying to put the past behind him.
0A and I watched last night, both enjoyed it. Strange to see Jackie Chan being utterly serious, he’s quite a good actor.

I watched 'Overlord' on Channel 81 the other night. Made in 1975 with the typical 1970s arty camera shots. But some good newsreel and Julie Neesam getting her jugs out....

ANNA Netflix
Anna (stylized as ANИA) is a 2019 action thriller film written, produced and directed by Luc Besson. The film stars Sasha Luss as the eponymous assassin, alongside Luke Evans, Cillian Murphy, Helen Mirren, and Alexander Petrov.
Very watchable and lots of twists

ANNA, found it on @mazon, sadly not on Netflix so I had to pay. That said, a pretty good fillum all around and well worth the price of admission. Plots inside plots, within another plot, some tits, some fighty bits, implied lezzer action, a little corny, but enjoyable, a couple of quid well spent.

Cheers for the pointer @Oily101 .

Nobody.

If this film had a stud card it would say ' . . . by John Wick out of The Equaliser . . .'

It falls into the category of a marmite film - you either will like it or you are one of those sad tits who believes that this.........
Nothing else to watch so I put this on too. Nobody is a film not to be taken seriously but I really enjoyed it, the shoot out at the end was classic OTT - and they knew it, a bit like The Kingsman films if I think of a comparison.

The War Below. WW1 Drama.

Long on Wind short on Action. Five Miners are recruited to dig the Messines Ridge Tunnel, the other tunnels barely rate a mention which should be your rating for this low budget load of bollox.

Courier. Benedick Slumbersnatch.

True story about a UK Sales chap asked by MI-6 and the CIA to be a contact and courier for a high level Russian defector. Apparently, although both ended up in a KGB prison, the pair of them prevented WW111.

Watchable.

Courier. Benedick Slumbersnatch.

True story about a UK Sales chap asked by MI-6 and the CIA to be a contact and courier for a high level Russian defector. Apparently, although both ended up in a KGB prison, the pair of them prevented WW111.

Watchable.

Oh - that the thing about Greville Wynne and Penkovsky?

Or am I getting them mixed up in my head?

Edited - that is the case I was thinking of. Is it watchable or good and worth hunting down?

Oh - that the thing about Greville Wynne and Penkovsky?

Or am I getting them mixed up in my head?

Edited - that is the case I was thinking of. Is it watchable or good and worth hunting down?
Watchable for sure. Would I have hunted it down probably not. I streamed it with a VPN.

I forgot to mention Child 44 with Tom Hardy playing a Russian Detective.

We had watched it years ago (2015) but had forgotten how good it was. Well worth a look IMO.

Kirkz

LE
Love and monsters.
Not bad.
4.5 giant insects out of 5.

Waldeck

Old-Salt
A Private War; about war correspondent Marie Colvin. Prime. A big thumbs up.

Watchable for sure. Would I have hunted it down probably not. I streamed it with a VPN.

I like a bit of Moscow Rules.

Always use a VPN. The Home Office hates them.
tumblr_mra4fkaNVX1rpmo4ho1_500.gifv

Latest Threads