What film have you just watched?

On Netflix, Fauda, an Israeli series about a special forces team and their adventures in the West Bank and in Gaza.
In Hebrew and Arabic, with English subtitles.
An interesting look at the mindset of both protagionists.
Includes violence, sex, injury & death, drug abuse, tidy women, while the " hero" is a tubby, balding, middle aged bloke.
Ideal for arrsers, then.

'The Angry Silence' on Talking Pictures. Richard Attenborough and the delightful Pier Angelli in a tale of woe at the hands of zealous unionists and their cowardly minions.

Some great acting in what is a brilliant film. I do love Talking Pictures TV.

Just watched ‘the kings choice’ - Norway’s invasion by the fatherland, going to war and how the king dealt with it.

subtitles but gripping and really well acted and made and historically accurate.

well worth watching

Kirkz

LE
Upgrade.
Pinocchio was less wooden.

NSP

LE
Escape From Pretoria. Pretty damn good, despite Harry Potter's dodgy Sith Ifrican accent. I have to wonder at the advisability of getting into a blacks-only taxi at the end, though. With the alarm raised and the cops on alert three whites in a non-white taxi is going to attract more than a flag-down and some stern words of advice, meneer!

NSP

LE
Capone. Tom Hardy in the eponymous role, the lass who played Velma in the Scooby Doo live-action movies as his wife Mae (and looking damn fine at 45). Chronicles the last year of Alphonse's life as his neurosyphilis rots his brain and sends him mad - something that Hardy seems to have made a bit of a trademark role of, he does it so well (or he could just be radio rental in real life!).

For those who may be interested .... tonight on Paramount Network at 18.50 " Guns at Batasi " .,, that's me set up for the evening .

For those who may be interested .... tonight on Paramount Network at 18.50 " Guns at Batasi " .,, that's me set up for the evening .
This should be on your 'films' hard-drive. It's shameful - shameful - that you have failed to place it on instant standby.
I'll be watching you, lad.

A bit of a strange one.
Being Shakespeare, from 2011, Simon Callow doing a one-man stage show in two 45-minute segments, without a stutter or pause, changing into and out of characters like you might might change hats. On Amazon Prime.

It's a biography of Shakespeare and how his life affected his work, all in English, rather than incomprehensible Tudor dialect. I found it highly entertaining just for Callow's acting skills; I really doubt that any of the Hollywood big names could match his performance. Maybe more like a podcast rather than an action movie.

This should be on your 'films' hard-drive. It's shameful - shameful - that you have failed to place it on instant standby.
I'll be watching you, lad.
Lad ! …. Lad ! … you have made my day .

Lad ! …. Lad ! … you have made my day .
It was that or 'you old bugger'; be grateful. I myself get enough of the last, and thought I should be 'caring/thoughtful'. Whatever that means.
I alternately love/hate the film, for the story and the stereotypical Sgts Mess parts, and for the casting of Attenborough and his interpretation of the role. The only other parts I take great exception to is in the use of various grossly inappropriate actors in 'Master and Commander', which diminish the film terribly. But I won't bore you.
More than I need to.
Here.