Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What film have you just watched?

Dark Encounter.
Set in the US in the mid 80's. Missing girl, strange lights in the woods, paranormal activity in the house, alien abductions - aye you've seen it all before.
Several plot holes, the guy carrying the rifle a German K98 - it sometimes has the scope cover on, other times it's off? One and a half hours, might have been better at one hour.
Useless information, it was actually filmed in North Yorkshire.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
"Behind her eyes."

A 6 part mini series currently being pushed by Netflix. It had some cracking reviews on IMDB, (rated 7.3) such as, "Fantastic Twist at the end, I didnt see that coming." and "Excellent twisty thriller."

I took one for the team, don't bother it's dire.

0 twisty ends out of 80

Kirkz

LE
Last edited:
I Care a Lot. Netfrix. Rosamund Pike.

Started off as a meh is this it but soon evolved into a decent crime caper with quite a few twists in it.

The Dig - or as we called it 'Anything except The Dig'

BORING!

Dunno how it ended - wife pottered off pretty early on, I got to the being able to see underwater bit and gave up.

"That ****** thinks he can take on the Red Army? I fucked Germany, I think I can take a flesh lump in a ******* waistcoat."

You can tell Jason Isaacs just had a ball in that role.
That entire scene was great.

"You busy washing your hair, or what?"

One of the reasons they banned this movie in Russia was that they claimed Marshall Zhukov was portrayed as an idiot.

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA
That entire scene was great.

"You busy washing your hair, or what?"

One of the reasons they banned this movie in Russia was that they claimed Marshall Zhukov was portrayed as an idiot.

The only guy in the entire film who knew what he was doing in other words. If they really thought that Zhukov was an idiot, what the frick did they think about Malenkov?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Obviously bored late Saturday night, so resorted to looking through the film channels on Sky. Found a film on the Horror channel called Red-Con 1. Basically a man v zombie flick, the basic storyline had legs but the casting was f'kin abysmal. A joint US Rangers/SAS team set out to find a man who could save humanity from becoming zombies, they wander around SE England looking for said man, fighting off zombies and others, gradually losing team members on the way. As I said, if given some cash and decent names, it could've been a decent zombie flick, 3/10.

This trailer for a new film has just popped up on my youtube listings that some may be interested in catching...

SAS: Red Notice (2021) Apparently based on the thriller by a little known Regiment operative by the name of Andy McNab...

Kirkz

LE
Red Sparrow.
Aye, shite.

Probably the best "modern interpretation" of Macbeth ever:

Brummie accents and Ray Winstone as Duncan in the classic tale of power and corruption. Even if Shakespeare isn't your thing, you should watch it.

Whatever happened to the BBC that produced this standard of programme?

ETA:

Interesting insights here: Macbeth on the Estate — Penny Woolcock

Last edited:
Dose of reality, mid-seventies style, for the old and bold..

Memories certainly came flooding back..

Self/Less, a Ryan Reynolds vehicle where a billionaire with terminal cancer transfers his mind to a fresh bodyto continue living. But there's a twist as the new host body isn't grown in a lab but a former Delta Force Spec Ops ass kicker and much hilarity ensues.
A real stinker with a definite TV movie feel, even the missus was pointing out the many plot holes and glaring errors.

Best avoided.

Six Underground another Ryan Reynolds vehicle where he leads a group of diverse undercover ass kickers who are officially dead.
The main story thread involves them trying to replace the dictator of Turkmenistan Turgistan with his more moderate brother.
Another one where the writers have a very poor grasp of how you could secretly assassinate someone.
On one memorable job, after offing 3 of the dictators top bods in front of 3 hookers they then rip off their latex disguises and have big sexy time in one of the adjacent rooms. Way to stay off the radar.

A bit like a happy shopper Mission Impossible but without Simon Pegg, no bad thing, and pure brainless escapism.

I must stop the missus choosing the evening entertainment.

Kirkz

LE
surely apart from Jennifer Lawrences only full on frontal nude scene?
Several seconds of nudity from an average looking woman does not a great film make.
It was utter utter fucking bilge.

ches

LE
Finally got to watch Bohemian Rhapsody at the weekend. Bloody good film with Malek excellent as Freddie. Cracking tunes all the way through. Great performances all round. Still such a shame he died so young.

Dark Waters with Mark Ruffalo. Bit of a slow bunching legal flick about the efforts to bring DuPont to task over their dumping of C8 into the various ecosystems and causing many medical issues over the years.

An excellent film with some brilliant acting that is based on a true story and includes cameos by several people involved from among the victims.m, as well as the real Rob Billett himself.

Well recommended but somewhat harrowing.

Dark Waters with Mark Ruffalo. Bit of a slow bunching legal flick about the efforts to bring DuPont to task over their dumping of C8 into the various ecosystems and causing many medical issues over the years.

An excellent film with some brilliant acting that is based on a true story and includes cameos by several people involved from among the victims.m, as well as the real Rob Billett himself.

Well recommended but somewhat harrowing.
Have you seen the documentary? A very interesting companion piece as it includes actual video of the interviews with the du Pont executives by Billet and his team.

EDIT The Devil We Know - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Latest Threads