Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What film have you just watched?

Kirkz

LE
I watched it last week and found it amusing, hardly Oscar material but worth filling a couple of hours.
Watched it last night and as you say it was OK.
Had a bit of a ffs moment on realising the title was a mash up of Holmes Alone. :roll:

syrup

LE
Shock and Awe
Tommy Lee Jones, Woody Harrleson and an excellent supporting cast
One media outlet is convinced that the U.S Government is using take intelligence to justify invading Iraq post 9/11.
While high ranking officials leak intelligence to mainstream media their low level contacts at the coal face tell them it's all lies..
Very enjoyable and of course all based on true events

Last edited:

philc

LE
A Call to Spy, the SOE training and using woman to infiltrate in to France to train and organise the French. A few minor quibles and yeah that did not happen but overall and enjoyable film which highlighted the actions of some very brave woman.

NSP

LE
Small correction to your otherwise funny rant - the main guns at Pointe du Hoc weren't actually there, as they'd been moved inland some days earlier. Some minor bangy things were present but the US Rangers tasked with blowing the bigger ones to bits were unpleased, to say the least, that they'd taken so many casualties for something that didn't match up to their briefing. This actually showed up in the film, "The Longest Day", and the guns that were supposed to be at Pointe Du Hoc were actually in another battery, "Maisy", that was captured on D+3 also by Rangers, and spent most of D-Day merrily shelling the shit out of the Rangers at Pointe Du Hoc.

More here.

Haven't seen TLD in some years but now you mention it I do get a mind's eye image of a couple of guys peering into the front of an empty emplacement and having a "Gee - there's nothing in here!" moment.

Last edited:
Watched this again last night for third time, magnificent film,dreadful story but full of dark humour.

Woody Harrelson...got to admire the chap, my ex was a great fan of Cheers where he played the dopey barman but I reckoned he had a bit more going for him.
Cue Natural Born Killers which led me to paying for 2 seats for me and the soon to be shocked ex (I'd read the reviews , she hadn't) at the Purley high street version of an IMAX..
I laughed my bollocks off, she unsurprisingly maintained her usual constipated cats arse look.

Woody Harrelson...got to admire the chap, my ex was a great fan of Cheers where he played the dopey barman but I reckoned he had a bit more going for him.
Cue Natural Born Killers which led me to paying for 2 seats for me and the soon to be shocked ex (I'd read the reviews , she hadn't) at the Purley high street version of an IMAX..
I laughed my bollocks off, she unsurprisingly maintained her usual constipated cats arse look.
Thought he played the part really well, pity it was cut short quite early.

“Seven Psychopaths”
I’m not a fan of Farrell or Walken, but I thought I’d try it.
Farrell did a decent enough job given what he had to work with,but I was more surprised by Walken. Solid performance and seemed quite natural and not too forced and manic as it could have been. Harrelson showed up as well and did a very cliched “mob boss”.
Worth the effort if nothing else comes up.

exspy

LE
“Seven Psychopaths”

You mean there was more to the film than Christine Marzano?

Christine Marzano Seven Psychopaths 2012 hd720p 4.jpg

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
'The Key' 1958.... Directed by Carol Reed, with Trevor Howard, Sophia Loren, William Holden, Bernard Lee. B/w about WW11 ships in peril off the coast of england. Some great shots of german subs blowing tanks to dive, didn't look in any way like a model, how did they manage filming?

Waiting for Goodoldboy to post me yet another 'dumb'

Fat Driver

Old-Salt
'The Key' 1958.... Directed by Carol Reed, with Trevor Howard, Sophia Loren, William Holden, Bernard Lee. B/w about WW11 ships in peril off the coast of england. Some great shots of german subs blowing tanks to dive, didn't look in any way like a model, how did they manage filming?

Waiting for Goodoldboy to post me yet another 'dumb'
I will do it. But I don't know why you want one

Thought he played the part really well, pity it was cut short quite early.

He's become part of the Coen Brothers 'go to' actors. If you recall, he pops up in a short scene in ' No Country for Old Men' as the Texan hit man option.

NSP

LE
I don't know why Goodoldboy pulled down all my recent posts and in about 2 minutes (not enough time to read them) posted all with 'dumb'? just makes this site silly
It's because he craves your attention. And for rough dry bum-sex as a receiver to your manly giving.

It's obvious, really.

Latest Threads