Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What film have you just watched?

Not a film as such, but a short on YouTube of a watch repairer restoring a WW2 watch. Never having seen the process before, fascinating and absorbing. The glass was even cleaned and polished up, which I never knew could be done.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Being bored and in need of some nostalgia I searched YouTube and found what was originally a tv series; The Sackets". Tom Selleck, Ben Johnson and Sam Elliot. Ok, it's old but bugger I enjoyed it. Just as I like the book(s) on which it was based.

The Cornetto series is up on Amazon Prime. So that thing there.
resize_1600_900.jpg

Last edited:
Deadpool on Saturday night. Seen it before, of course, but cracking fun. Many super heroes have a backstory that intertwines pathos into how or why they got to be superheroes which can get to be tedious and can come over as a ‘bolt on’ before the wham bam mess up the bad guys action sequences, but I thought in this one it was dealt with very well.

NSP

LE
Just noticed that Amazon has Buffy The Vampire Slayer. That's probably six months gone if you like that kind of thing.
Have you seen SMG without make-up...? Even she admitted she's a horror-bag without it (qv. some FHM or Maxim interview from the time she was in the limelight, top-tenning the "100 hottest..." lad's mag polls and not married to that rubber-faced asshat).

Have you seen SMG without make-up...? Even she admitted she's a horror-bag without it (qv. some FHM or Maxim interview from the time she was in the limelight, top-tenning the "100 hottest..." lad's mag polls and not married to that rubber-faced asshat).
She scales correctly. Anyone that you can stand a pint pot on their head and look over them is already a nine in my book. :)
I likes me some shorties.

Anyhow Willow is the reason I have to go there.

Last edited:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Watched ‘They Were Not Divided’ earlier on Talking Pictures. Made in 1950 with some real veterans playing parts too. Early outings for Christopher Lee and Desmond Llewelyn.
And my old man, sadly only seen from behind shooting the sniper out of the tree, if he'd been taller and better looking I could have been idle rich in Hollywood damn it.

How To Murder Your Wife. Jack Lemmon, Terry Thomas and the delectable Virna Lisi.
The missus always asks why I watch this to which I reply ‘Just taking notes light of my life’. Now where can I get a ‘globbida globbida’ machine.

Kirkz

LE
How To Murder Your Wife. Jack Lemmon, Terry Thomas and the delectable Virna Lisi.
The missus always asks why I watch this to which I reply ‘Just taking notes light of my life’. Now where can I get a ‘globbida globbida’ machine.
Thanks for reminding me of the name of that film.
Only a few weeks ago I made the "globbida globbida" remark to a friend of mine and it was completely lost on them. Blowed if I could remember the film title at the time and had to do a quick synopsis to get my point across.

Latest Threads