Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What film have you just watched?

NSP

LE
IMG_1375.jpg
Christ! WTF is that...?!

TamH70

MIA
The Gentleman

Not a bad film though not as punchy as Guy Ritchies other gangster offerings ruined only by the casting of Hugh Grant.
I don't mind him in the role as a bumbling Uber middle class fop but in this one he's terrible.
His role would have been better in the hands of Matt King.

View attachment 506583

I haven't seen that one yet. But considering my favourite Guy Ritchie movie is Revolver, you can tell my taste is probably a bit off...

Kirkz

LE
I haven't seen that one yet. But considering my favourite Guy Ritchie movie is Revolver, you can tell my taste is probably a bit off...
Probably all those munchie boxes and fried mars bars.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The Gentleman

Not a bad film though not as punchy as Guy Ritchies other gangster offerings ruined only by the casting of Hugh Grant.
I don't mind him in the role as a bumbling Uber middle class fop but in this one he's terrible.
His role would have been better in the hands of Matt King.

View attachment 506583
To answe @NSP question. Looks like a full size Beetlejuice.

012B0233-C745-4C94-97DB-D7110C1623ED.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree, cracking movie and the actors did a damn convincing job. True it was packed with some massive stars, but they made the best of a decent script and the way it was shot with a very good period feel was excellent.

Not just the look, also the ways things were done. Much has been made of The Jackal's method of creating a cover personna but the British Police (Met SB?) are shown physically looking through the Passport Offices records. No "We'll do a computer search" here.

Not just the look, also the ways things were done. Much has been made of The Jackal's method of creating a cover personna but the British Police (Met SB?) are shown physically looking through the Passport Offices records. No "We'll do a computer search" here.
Well it was set in 1963 so I'd imagine the Passport Office systems might have been a trifle behind the curve then
unnamed.jpg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Wasn’t he in that group Scouting For Girls?

Surely he was a navy brat, what with him being in Blue Peter?
I doubt he was ever in a 'gentleman's film'. Perhaps that was Peter Perves?

Latest Threads