Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What film have you just watched?

Thanks for that .... now watching ... in the background .... excellent story line and actors ... I see you posted the " magic Lager glass sequence " ... and it is well known John Mills was three sheets to the wind by the time it was completed .
The MP officer who comes in to tick them off was actually Harry Andrews lifelong partner as well .

Last edited:
The MP officer who comes in to tick them off was actually Harry Roberts Andrews lifelong partner as well .
I did not know that ... every day is a learning day ... wonder if he appeared in other films with him .

The Big Match (Revisited) is on ITV4 at the weekends.
1974/75 the other week Brian Moore's suits are a treat as are the teams bench all sitting having a smoke during the game.
Caught a few of those games and thought how slow the football was * and bone crunching tackles that would have had the players banned for life.

* Probably due to the state of the pitches especially the Baseball Ground which resembled the Somme.

quilter

War Hero
Dr Zhivago - lost count of the times I have watched this - very dusty in here again, forgotten just how long it was, but it flew by (in between tissue replenishments) now need a strong cuppa, wasn't Julie gorgeous and as for Omar......wowie., still have a thing for Rod Steiger tho:rolleyes::-D:-D:-D:-D:grin:

Just looking through some of the stars from 'The Hill'. Christ, some of them died young. Stanley Baker (Sgt Chard, Zulu) popped his clogs at 48!

... and lost his Commission it would appear.

Made Sgt in a few years of NS according to Wiki. No mention of commission.

My Bold ... every day is a learning day ... he did however play the part of Lieutenant Chard RE in Zulu .

Caught a few of those games and thought how slow the football was * and bone crunching tackles that would have had the players banned for life.

* Probably due to the state of the pitches especially the Baseball Ground which resembled the Somme.
That's probably because the ball weighed twice as much then too. If today's players had to play with a 70's ball they'd break an eyelash and be stretchered off for six months bed rest.

Another thumbs up for "shepherds and butchers"
As much as I can't stand Steve Coogan ,I thought I'd give it a watch.
The execution procedure was very drawn out and wide open to resistance especially when hanging 7
At once. Pierrepoint had it right methinks?

Latest Threads