What film have you just watched?

sunny james

War Hero
Tenet

If you loved Inception, you'll hate this.

If you hated Inception, you hate this even more.

It's a WTF film. It's confirmed that you're in for a sh1t two and a half hours by the fact the music drowns out most the dialogue. I don't know what Nolan's been smoking these past couple of years but once he was a talent to watch; he'll need to get any future backers to smoke whatever he has to even get a snif of a dollar investment in future.

Avoid. Even when it goes to Netflix/Prime/Sky/Apple, avoid. You'll thank me if you do.
I went to see this a couple of weeks ago. I meant to post a warning but never bothered.
I think Nolan himself is time travelling, making his best movie, Momento, years ago and regressing to his latest bollux Dunkirk and now this wankfest Tenet (1010 or 101 palindrome geddit?)
I only wish I could go back in time to warn myself to avoid this nonsense.

Not a film, a documentary but 90 mins long so film length.

The Social Dilemma

Basically a lot of the boffins who designed social media, now warning people about social media. A bloody frightening watch to be fair. Showing how social media affects kids, politics, everything....and how they do it, and how it's going to get worse.
Well worth a watch, and if you have kids hooked to their devices, start weening them

I watched "Alive" on Netflix yesterday. It's in Korean with English subtitles, but was quite enjoyable for those of us who like the zombie genre.

The Koreans have made a few decent zombie films lately. "Train to Busan" and it's sequel should be very good as well. Haven't seen them yet though.

arfah

LE
Line of Duty (2019)
Aaron Eckhart

Experienced beat copper responds to police radio call for assistance in the apprehension of a kidnapping suspect.
Big chase, lots of car windscreens get ruined and his efforts go unappreciated. Ordered to turn in his gun.

Decides to carry on regardless and ends up working with a live media vixen who won’t leave him alone, which means everything he does is on a global live stream.
Exciting, entertaining and a recognisable villain.
4.5 broken windscreens out of 5 for a bit of escapism.

I watched "Alive" on Netflix yesterday. It's in Korean with English subtitles, but was quite enjoyable for those of us who like the zombie genre.

The Koreans have made a few decent zombie films lately. "Train to Busan" and it's sequel should be very good as well. Haven't seen them yet though.
Train to Busan is excellent! Absolutely cracking zombies. The follow up, Peninsula, is good, but not as good. Both definitely worth a watch for the zombie genre though.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
The Gentlemen Guy Ritchie film with Matthew McConaghy, Colin Farrell, and a really, really annoying Hugh Grant.
Not a total waste of time, I’ll go home at the weekend and set the new soundbar up to see what the body who went out the window sounds like when he hits the concrete.

NSP

LE
Incoming on Netflix. Rip off of Lockout and really, really shit...

GreyArea

War Hero
Tenet

If you loved Inception, you'll hate this.

If you hated Inception, you hate this even more.

It's a WTF film. It's confirmed that you're in for a sh1t two and a half hours by the fact the music drowns out most the dialogue. I don't know what Nolan's been smoking these past couple of years but once he was a talent to watch; he'll need to get any future backers to smoke whatever he has to even get a snif of a dollar investment in future.

Avoid. Even when it goes to Netflix/Prime/Sky/Apple, avoid. You'll thank me if you do.

Exactly.

I went to see it tonight on the local IMAX.

Due to the COVID sh*te I was the only person in a 150 seat theatre.

The only person on a 8pm Friday night showing in a major city centre Odeon cinema.

I could barely hear myself think never mind hear the bloody dialogue.

(It also didn't help that there weren't another 149 bodies in the cinema absorbing most of the over the top sound to a level where I might have had a chance to try and understand wtf was going on)

I grabbed that from youtube a couple of months back - excellent movie. Thinking their way round problems rather than just shooting their way out. Some good Japanese zombie ones as well.

A lot of the Korean films are very good - some great gangster comedies (the mafia family series is quite funny - the scene with the korean girlfriend and the wine bottle in the Hong Kong supermarket had me is tears laughing) and even some of their rom-coms are good fun when compared to the dross from Hollywood.

I have started watching some of the Thai comedy horror movies (usually involving lots of ghosts - the Thais seem to like their ghosts) - some are a bit strange and seem a bit all over the place to start but the plot usually comes together, the SFX are pretty good and the young ladies are very...erm...easy on the eye... :)

There are loads of good movies out there if you look.

For some free downloads try these web sites - over 30,000 movies between them I believe:

rarelust.com

My Duck is Dead

Classic movies, cult movies, old sci fi movies, foreign movies and stuff you didn't even know existed - it's all there. Have fun!

Welcome to the Punch.

A well padded cast, Mark Strong, Andrea Riseborough, Peter Mullen to name a few.
The trouble is the cast is full of faces and you'll spend half the film saying "Oh that's whassisface from thingy."
I even recognised an extra at a Met briefing who didn't say a word and was in the background. I swear they did it on purpose to distract you from the fact that the film is utter sh!te. A complete waste of acting ability.

Only made worse when they all end up at a house with Ruth Sheen playing someone's Nan and I realise I've seen this before.
It was that memorable.

If you liked the Sweeney remake you might like this too.

NSP

LE
Welcome to the Punch.

A well padded cast, Mark Strong, Andrea Riseborough, Peter Mullen to name a few.
The trouble is the cast is full of faces and you'll spend half the film saying "Oh that's whassisface from thingy."
I even recognised an extra at a Met briefing who didn't say a word and was in the background. I swear they did it on purpose to distract you from the fact that the film is utter sh!te. A complete waste of acting ability.

Only made worse when they all end up at a house with Ruth Sheen playing someone's Nan and I realise I've seen this before.
It was that memorable.

If you liked the Sweeney remake you might like this too.
It's the way that why all end up going Tonto with the selectors on auto in the final denouement, just like in any American-driven cop/crim movie that seals it.

Latest Threads