What film have you just watched?

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
As recommended up there somewhere.

JoJo Rabbit.

Weird in the extreme, but so funny. I'm giving it as many potato heads as I could cram into a REME Craftsman's unbuttoned combat jacket pocket, moments before the inspecting officer gets to him.

Remarkable film.

Suspect - British B movie of little significance other than the production of another film had finished 3 weeks early and a wager was made that they could throw together a film in that time.

They managed it in 17 days, and Spike Milligan featured in a character role of Janitor at a secret research establishment. At one point a statue was unveiled with RN buglers, and Spike has medals up. It's b&w, but there were 2 stars, defence medal?, and victory medal ?.

No listing of Spike's decorations, but Africa & Italian stars would be right. Don't think I've ever seen a pic of him medalled up.

Suspect - British B movie of little significance other than the production of another film had finished 3 weeks early and a wager was made that they could throw together a film in that time.

They managed it in 17 days, and Spike Milligan featured in a character role of Janitor at a secret research establishment. At one point a statue was unveiled with RN buglers, and Spike has medals up. It's b&w, but there were 2 stars, defence medal?, and victory medal ?.

No listing of Spike's decorations, but Africa & Italian stars would be right. Don't think I've ever seen a pic of him medalled up.
Is that the one where Mr Milligan plays a straight role?

Is that the one where Mr Milligan plays a straight role?
Not hamming it up, but still commented on by his boss as an odd chap. I forgot to mention he had trouble with the monkey, in fact he was locked up by him. Strictly speaking, the monkey was a chimpanzee.

Straight role ?

TamH70

MIA
"A Dirty Western", which was, as well as being rather violent.

Mufulira

Old-Salt
Just finished watching ''Midway" and was impressed by the CGI work, the plot not so much, nonetheless it clearly showed the Opposition that picking on the Yanks was going to be a no-win outcome as they had failed to take out the Carriers and devoted too much time on taking out Battleships.

Chimp

ADC
Danger Close. Covering The Battle of Long Tan I had hoped for more from Danger Close. It was almost a cross between "The Odd Angry Shot" (great book and film) and "We Were Soldiers" (ditto) but missed the mark.
1591035092980.png

morsk

LE
Danger Close. Covering The Battle of Long Tan I had hoped for more from Danger Close. It was almost a cross between "The Odd Angry Shot" (great book and film) and "We Were Soldiers" (ditto) but missed the mark.
View attachment 478496
Watched it on the strength of that. You're right.... even the 'eerie' music and slomo action bits like OWWS. Good film though. Solid performance from Ragnar. Thumbd up.

I might view this when its available on the net, definately not PC. Apparently the Hitler type chap is his imaginary friend :oops:
Just to thank you for this recommendation. I watched it last night after my son told me I would like it, although I didn't expect to. I was wrong, it's an excellent movie.

Resistance, an aspiring mime artist joins the French Resistance, sounds a bit daft, in fact its the story of Marcel Marceau and his role, something I was totally unaware of.
By all accounts he didn't like to talk about it.

According to that script, in 2027 the British Army wears US-style "Fritz" helmets.

And blocky digital-like camo kit.
The camo pattern for the sojers was designed especially for the film apparently, just in case any spotters want to try and find out what they used.

Fun fact: the railway station scene where he's picked up by Michael Caine was filmed at Alresford station, a literal stones throw from where I was working at the time.

TamH70

MIA
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum. Amazing amount of carnage, excellent stunt work and some really good performances.

Two years until the sequel comes out. Hmm.