What film have you just watched?

Cheers Spank it, best line in the movie

Nace "want to take apart some hand grenades blindfolded, want to crawl through a field of Cosmolene, want me to shine up a flagpole for yar, what did you do in the war Daddy, well I stood in the motor pool with my two idiot friends staring at some obsolete equipment....."
Looking forward to watching it. It's on my YT list for tonight while the wife is at work.

NSP

LE
Spenser Confidential. Mark Wahlberg is an ex-cop, ex-con trying to solve a former colleagues murder whilst getting beaten up. A lot. Really rather good.

Find it on Netflix.

Watched Unlocked last night. I recorded it on the DVR a while back and it sort of sat there waiting for a desperate moment to watch anything if nowt entertaining was on the box.

I was pleasantly surprised, reasonably big names in there: Michael Douglas, Orlando Bloom, John Malkovich, with the female protagonist being played by Noomi Rapace.

I heartily recommend it to the house with somewhere between 7 and 8 mushroom heads.

Quick note Noomi Rapace has made another film called Close where she plays a female CP operative. That is now on my watch list.

If you survive the plague, you can catch this later this year

I thought Dead Snow in the original Norwegian with German subtitles was bad enough whilst I was pissed...........this thing though, I think would beat that.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Spenser Confidential. Mark Wahlberg is an ex-cop, ex-con trying to solve a former colleagues murder whilst getting beaten up. A lot. Really rather good.

Find it on Netflix.
Yes, I watched that a couple of days ago. Much better than I expected, with plenty of action. Rather enjoyed it.

Hippohunter

Old-Salt
The Cruel Sea, you just cannot beat a good black and white classic on a Sunday afternoon. Downloaded Robert the Bruce of which I have heard mixed reviews. I have heard some films are good but thought otherwise just as I have been told a film is a turkey but thought it good, each to their own.

The Cruel Sea, you just cannot beat a good black and white classic on a Sunday afternoon. Downloaded Robert the Bruce of which I have heard mixed reviews. I have heard some films are good but thought otherwise just as I have been told a film is a turkey but thought it good, each to their own.
Cracking film .... as I have posted before ... I have the book .... the DVD .... and also an Audio Book version in which the main narrator / player is Donald Sinden who was in the film .

The film was of course made with actors many of whom had seen service during WW2 and I suppose in some small way could more relate to the hardships , camaraderie , loss and pain .... especially those experienced by Captain Ericson portrayed by Jack Hawkins .

This was on Film 4 last week so it should be repeated. Set in 1920 a Korean/Japanese con man set his sights on a wealthy young Jap heiress. He enlists his young niece as her maid and they conspire to get her fortune. Anyway its over 2 hours long its all subtitles, but but there's plenty of lesbian sex, the maid and the heiress go like a pair of oriental rabbits. There is a plot twist but can't remember but plenty of girl on girl action!! Record it fast forward all the non lesbo bits.

...listen...can you hear? It's Chan Wook Park and Mark Kermode crying their hearts out.

Suppose they gave a War and nobody came

Watched this movie on Youtube the other day, haven't seen it since I was a kid in the early 70's. It was made in 1970, and on the surface it's a bit of a ramshackle mess of a movie, it was re made in the 1980's with James Garner , with some massive plot changes and simply called "Tank". But I wanted to see the original again, and there are interesting points about being on a base in the middle of nowhere. The Soldiers being despised by the local population, because of a few that spoil it for the many, Fallingbostal springs to mind.
Saw it as a kid in the Westbury drive in theater

As to tank I loved the scene where Garner personally wall to wall counsels a wife and child beating corporal into signing up for help

NSP

LE
Yes, I watched that a couple of days ago. Much better than I expected, with plenty of action. Rather enjoyed it.
I just liked seeing Marky Mark get the shit kicked out of him every other scene! Apparently, so did the rest of the cast.

When the film The Trench was made twenty odd years ago, the final scene had lush green field unravaged by warfare. Sometimes you have to accept that money can only go far when it comes to landscaping.

Both are good films with a great eye to detail, better to get most of it right than bogged down getting everything right.
Sometimes a trench would be dug in absolutely virgin earth - hence green fields. Many who survived hopping the bags on 1 Jul 16 said it was like a different world, made weirder by the relative lack of combat over it beforehand...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just watched Robin Hood made in 2018 and was quite entertained. The star is Tarron Egerton, Eggsy from The Kingsman. Plays Robin, Lord Loxley in exactly the same manner. Jamie Foxx plays the now obligatory Moor who is brighter than any Englishman.

The action is just like something from the Matrix and machine gun crossbows are in fashion. Still it is a fun movie and worth a watch if you don't mind any form of authenticity to be missing!

4 out of 5 stars and it looks like there is to be a sequel. Look forward to it.

NSP

LE
Kajaki: now on Netflix.

"Birth of a Dragon " an alleged bio-pic of the late Bruce Lee. The 'story" centres around Lee's arrival in San Francisco and has set up his school to teach Kung Fu ( not Jeet-Kun-Du ) to the non- Chinese. He is followed from China.. by a Shaolin priest who has been sent by the Temple to put a stop to such a heresy.

The film drifts between fact and fiction in it's unfolding. Curiously very watchable for at best 4/5ths of it's telling. The Lee actor is exceptional in his overall portrayal of the martial artist / actor. The scenes of downtown San Francisco and of the dock area have been authentically considered.
Regrettably, for me, the movie deteriorated into the cliched 'chop-socky' action in it's remaining fifteen minutes, not helped by a side-story of an Americano with girl-friend issues.

It's on one of the Sony channels and as remarked, surprisingly watchable in the main.

The Invisible Man 2019.
It's a really crappy film that starts with a woman who

apologies for the long winded synopsis but that just about sums it up.

Kirkz

LE
The Invisible Man 2019.
It's a really crappy film that starts with a woman who

apologies for the long winded synopsis but that just about sums it up.
Twat! I'm ******* intrigued now.

Latest Threads