What film have you just watched?

NSP

LE
Agreed, a great film that is very underrated.
I like the bit where some gang-banger gets up in their faces and Kirk just shrugs and decks the pistol-packing twat who was thinking his gun makes him invincible (if I'm thinking of the same movie).

Schmoe

War Hero
Birds of Prey, the emancipation of one Harley Quinn.
Whilst not great, it’s not bad and it is fun, worth a watch at the cinema.
Has some laugh out loud moments, and a really creepy dark villain played by Ewan McGregor. Some very dark and intense moments with his character.

NSP

LE
Ronin - again. The car chase movie.

Still no nearer to knowing what's in the case...

* As regular ArRSers will know, I've spent the last twenty-two years working at sea...[/SIZE]
Mini thread drift.....
Steady on, the english language can only be bent so much.

Aren't you Seismic, and QA/QC to boot?

What you call work is essentially watching pirated movies in a darkened room on a client VSAT whilst recovering/preparing for the next hangover?

The "excellent" prospects you identify turnout to be the likely dusters we then have to punch into and work drilling magic on

A couple of man films downloaded by the missus just for little old me.

Latest Rambo. Shit.
Latest Alien. ******* shit.
Latest Terminator. Really ******* shit.
Gemini Man. Gave up. Too ******* shit.

I know what's in the case.

syrup

LE

Good car chase but better than French connection when he's chasing the train.
Which apparently they did by just getting in the car with a camera and going for it no road closures or permits.
One take
Or the Blues Brothers? :)

Made long before CGI .... lots of real engines and rolling stock used in some truly spectacular crash scenes .
And real dynamite used during the Allied attack on the railyard as SNCF needed the tracks widened. Burt Lancaster did all his own stunts as well, aged fifty.
The only thing I couldn't understand was why the Germans machine gunned the civilians they had used as human shields. They weren't SS, they knew they had lost, and were boarding trucks in retreat from the front. The killings took them instantly from art thieves trying to steal some paintings to war criminals.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I had to re visit Flushed Away this morning with the kids.
if you have to put a film for the kids on then you can’t get much better than this old one.
I can understand why there hasn’t been a Flushed Away 2, it would be impossible to improve on or even equal.
Very funny for adults as well.

And real dynamite used during the Allied attack on the railyard as SNCF needed the tracks widened. Burt Lancaster did all his own stunts as well, aged fifty.
The only thing I couldn't understand was why the Germans machine gunned the civilians they had used as human shields. They weren't SS, they knew they had lost, and were boarding trucks in retreat from the front. The killings took them instantly from art thieves trying to steal some paintings to war criminals.
The idea that it was only the SS committed atrocities, and the Wehrmacht were all honourable soldiers, has been proven to be a myth.

Last edited:
Also I am sure I read somewhere the rolling stock / steam engines were due for scrapping at that time as part of a major French rail electrification project ... I knew about him not using a stunt man for the " action " shots in the film ..... I have watched the film many times and to be honest the steam engines almost steal the scene on a couple of occasions .... especially if you are of a certain age ..

NSP

LE
I had to re visit Flushed Away this morning with the kids.
if you have to put a film for the kids on then you can’t get much better than this old one.
I can understand why there hasn’t been a Flushed Away 2, it would be impossible to improve on or even equal.
Very funny for adults as well.
"Millicent Bystander."

Chortle.

Zey vere only following ze orders und befehl ist befehl

Awol

LE
Just watched Pandemic (2016).... I don't why I chose it, it just happened.

Not bad, basically a zombie movie, but the lead actress is a bit nice which distracts from the silly parts.

Kirkz

LE
Right now on Drama channel, Gregory's Girl for the umpteenth time. Still funny, and i think Clare Grogan might be in it.
She is and John Gordon Sinclair.
Oh, that girl, the teeth the hair and the smell.

Latest Threads