An oldie tonight

"The Hunters" (1958)
Robert Mitchum
Robert Wagner

Technicolor Film about F-86 pilots in Korea

Mig 15's played by F-84F's some spectacular flying sequences

TamH70

MIA
I have just finished watching "Blades Of Glory", starring Jon Heder and Will Ferrell in a tale of two feuding male figure skaters that get disqualified for biffing each other who find comedic redemption as the first male-male duo in their universe's version of pairs figure skating.

It's really funny, and they did enough of their own skating for Heder to snap his ankle like a twig in training for the film. Lots of real-life skaters also show up, and most of them are hot femaley-types, like Nancy Kerrigan, Sasha Cohen and Yuka Sato.

I've just watched Invincible on Prime. It can be found here via a different title, Tankers (2018) - IMDb

A Russian film with subtitles based on a true story.

I'm sure a lot of ex Tankies will love it, plenty of action, a bit of romance, and plenty of running repairs on tanks!

The movie inspired by real events tells the story of the KV-1 tank's crew heroic deed. Having a losing fight, the crew of Semyon Konovalov destroyed 16 enemy tanks, 2 armored vehicles and 8 vehicles with enemy personnel near Nizhnemityakin farm in Tarasovskoye district of Rostov region.

Worth way more than the measly 5.2* on IMDB, I'd give it 7/7.5.

Spoiler, the Nazis lose!
Just finished watching it Charlie, 7 out of 10 mate. They spoiled it with all the wimmins feelings, greetin and kissing shite. Battle scenes weren't bad though.

Last edited:
Watching “ Man of Aran “ 1934 on Talking Pictures TV ... partly in the Gaelic but still very watchable because dramatically shot in B&W … they certainly lived a hard life . Some years ago when I was actively tracing our family history I discovered a girl from Aran married into the family in the 1870's …. she could not write .

Now ….. many years ago I remember seeing on TV once only and not from the beginning a film in B&W about a guy living possibly on the W Coast of Scotland /Island and it followed his life for a day … he lived in a shack … he walked miles to go fishing in a craft made of large plastic containers … it never stopped raining …. I am sure his face was never shown … I am sure there was no dialogue / narration but it was made with sound ... any ARRSE member possibly know the title ?

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
On that site there is a film called the 12th Man. I recommend giving it a look if you haven't seen it. it's based on a true story. There are SRT files out there for it.
Is it to do with the last supper?

Is it to do with the last supper?
Aye, it's about Jesus and the disciples fighting the Italians, Jesus gets badly wounded so before he dies the disciples take him for a last curry and a few beers. Jesus dies a bit later but makes a miraculous recovery thanks to the skill of the doctors and the love of a good woman and goes on to join the Airborne the following Monday and gets his wings.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Aye, it's about Jesus and the disciples fighting the Italians, Jesus gets badly wounded so before he dies the disciples take him for a last curry and a few beers. Jesus dies a bit later but makes a miraculous recovery thanks to the skill of the doctors and the love of a good woman and goes on to join the Airborne the following Monday and gets his wings.
I’ll keep an eye out for this adventure.:-D

Don't want to spoil it for you but keep an eye out for the guy called judas, a right shit he turns out to be.:cool:
In the film that Judas is an Italian spy, the disciples sort him out though and hang him being careful to make it look like a suicide so the Italians don't take reprisals against the local folks.

ROCKET HUNTERS

SHITE piled upon SHITE piled upon SHITE in fact it's shittier than shit.

Spending your time watching a giant turd slowly Bio-degrading in a stinking Portable Toilet would be an evening well spent compared to having this films $12 budget gain access to your eyeballs.

ROCKET HUNTERS

Spending your time watching a giant turd slowly Bio-degrading in a stinking Portable Toilet would be an evening well spent compared to having this films $12 budget gain access to your eyeballs.
You didn’t like it then?

Bad Boys for life,

I’d say the ratings it’s received is fair, not fantastic blockbuster but watchable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NSP

LE
ROCKET HUNTERS

Could you not have posted this before I spunked my bandwidth away downloading it...?! I mean - Jeez!

SPECTRAL (2016)

Basically the A-Team meets Delta Force, below is the description of the film and a link. It's a Sci-Fi film with lots of action and not a greetin wummin in sight. One thing that did make me wonder though was wtf did they wait to get outside in the pissin rain before they put their waterproof poncho's on.

Storyline:
Civil Unrest in the European country of Moldova has US forces engaging the insurgents however there is a new threat who has decided both are their enemy. This new threat resides in an alternative spectrum that makes them invisible to the naked eye and instant death to anyone confronting them. Locals believe they are Spirits of War but others believe they are superior arms technology fabricated by the Moldova government..

NSP

LE
SPECTRAL (2016)

Basically the A-Team meets Delta Force, below is the description of the film and a link. It's a Sci-Fi film with lots of action and not a greetin wummin in sight. One thing that did make me wonder though was wtf did they wait to get outside in the pissin rain before they put their waterproof poncho's on.

Storyline:
Civil Unrest in the European country of Moldova has US forces engaging the insurgents however there is a new threat who has decided both are their enemy. This new threat resides in an alternative spectrum that makes them invisible to the naked eye and instant death to anyone confronting them. Locals believe they are Spirits of War but others believe they are superior arms technology fabricated by the Moldova government..

Ooooh - it's good, is that!

SDFA

Old-Salt
Film night yesterday - Ford v Ferrari, very very good, well acted, good storyline, enough meccy stuff to keep it relevant, and nice to see that some things dont change- Ferrari were whinging t**** back then as well!
Jay and Silent Bob Reboot - you either love them or hate them, i love em. Similar storyline to Strikeback, but with more references and eastereggs. Btw Kevin Smiths (silent bob) daughter, Harley Quinn, is in it. Well worth a watch...which led to the next one....
Chasing Amy - funny, good storyline and proves that Ben Affleck was a pri** back in the 90s as well.
Tonight, itll be Dogma and My Name is Earl "its happening, its happening"

One for the Old and Bold .... currently watching " The Old Dark House " on Talking Pictures ... cast includes Fenella Fielding absolutely radiating sex appeal ... not just her ample curves but that voice .

View attachment 443483
I've just noticed she's in a Norman Wisdom film on Talking Pictures later.

Sun 26 Jan 20 18:50 Follow A Star1959. Comedy. Director: Robert Asher.Stars Norman Wisdom, June Laverick, Fenella Fielding. Norman Truscott is a dry cleaner who dreams of being a singer.

Last edited:

Latest Threads