What film have you just watched?

"When an elite group of American soldiers are ordered to take out a series of German machine gun nests, they find themselves blindly venturing into hostile territory. "

So, no need for lots of desktop study of maps, aerial photos, recce reports, intelligence assessments and, when on site, standing off and observing, maybe a bit of CTR, etc. before designing the specific action and executing.

Is this why they're apparently the world masters of blue-on-blue...?

DL'd it last night. Might delete unwatched now...
Watch the first few minutes if you must. I can only imagine what the rest of the pump is like.

NSP

LE
Watch the first few minutes if you must. I can only imagine what the rest of the pump is like.
Is it worse than that one that went straight to video last year, about a squad dropped behind the Atlantic Wall on the night of 5th June for a bit of pre-landing sabotage uncovering a scheme to regenerate the dead into superman undead killing machines, based out of a French village church?

Is it worse than that one that went straight to video last year, about a squad dropped behind the Atlantic Wall on the night of 5th June for a bit of pre-landing sabotage uncovering a scheme to regenerate the dead into superman undead killing machines, based out of a French village church?
I initially thought, "Feck me, I have just tuned in to the spaghetti western equivalent of top WW2 shiite"
Have a look and prove me wrong.

Overlord? Utter bollocks of a film.

'The Choir' (2014). Caught on a Saturday between the ironing board and a washing machine, I gave it a whirl on C4 / Film 4.

Smaltz with a serious dose of good scripting. Dustin Hoffman in top form, as a pre-maddona musical type looking after a boys choral school, which has the Vienna Boys Choir as a somehow standard to beat.

It's full of the technical background of what manufactures a choir. Don't be put off, it's fascinating, I thought, a discipline of the physical action of breathing .
I now have to have the soundtrack.

Rain Man

One of my favourite films ever.

Miracle on 34th Street.

I believe

morsk

LE
Joker, DARK! Wasn't expecting that. Was a great film.

Can't say any more than that

Joker, DARK! Wasn't expecting that. Was a great film.

Can't say any more than that
I found that, after both watchings, I needed a little while to think over it all and assimalate it. Very dark, very deep but somehow relateable at times.

The Irishman.
Same old gang of tired actors playing the same old shyte they did thirty years ago.
no real story. just the same old thing. De nero with the same facial expression. Pesci admittedly less excitable.
at least it exposed a few home truths regarding the Kennedys.

"When an elite group of American soldiers are ordered to take out a series of German machine gun nests, they find themselves blindly venturing into hostile territory. "

So, no need for lots of desktop study of maps, aerial photos, recce reports, intelligence assessments and, when on site, standing off and observing, maybe a bit of CTR, etc. before designing the specific action and executing.

Is this why they're apparently the world masters of blue-on-blue...?

DL'd it last night. Might delete unwatched now...
By all means watch the first 15 minutes....if you last that long.

NSP

LE
By all means watch the first 15 minutes....if you last that long.
I'm inclined to think that pushing a knitting needle into my urethra would be a more pleasurable and productive experience.

I'm inclined to think that pushing a knitting needle into my urethra would be a more pleasurable and productive experience.
I've never tried that alternative solution, I prefer forward wind or skip to the next event.
Although I am fascinated at what you marine types get up to when there are is an absence of bum action. :cool: :cool:

NSP

LE
I've never tried that alternative solution, I prefer forward wind or skip to the next event.
Although I am fascinated at what you marine types get up to when there are is an absence of bum action. :cool: :cool:
Annnnnnnnnd...........

Fuck off.

Mrs Lowry and Son

This is not a film for anyone who likes lots of noise, bang sticks, transforming creatures or anything based on a Marvel comic. It is, however, a delightful insight into one of Britain's finest artists. The film was based on a stage play, which shows as the vast majority of film happens in a bedroom inhabited by an invalided Mrs Elizabeth Lowry, played brilliantly by Vanessa Redgrave. She is cared for by her dutiful son, Lawrence, another superb piece of acting by Timothy Spall.

Mrs Lowry is a very bitter woman who believes her life has been destroyed by her son and late husband. She hates her son's "hobby" of painting and cannot understand his compulsion to paint or his subject matter. Then one of his paintings is praised by a neighbour who Mrs Lowry regards as being "better" than the generally impoverished neighbours. The result nearly ended Lowry's career entirely.

For more information on Lowry please follow this wiki link - L.S. Lowry

The title is a link to the IMDb entry for the film.

Mrs Lowry and Son

This is not a film for anyone who likes lots of noise, bang sticks, transforming creatures or anything based on a Marvel comic. It is, however, a delightful insight into one of Britain's finest artists. The film was based on a stage play, which shows as the vast majority of film happens in a bedroom inhabited by an invalided Mrs Elizabeth Lowry, played brilliantly by Vanessa Redgrave. She is cared for by her dutiful son, Lawrence, another superb piece of acting by Timothy Spall.

Mrs Lowry is a very bitter woman who believes her life has been destroyed by her son and late husband. She hates her son's "hobby" of painting and cannot understand his compulsion to paint or his subject matter. Then one of his paintings is praised by a neighbour who Mrs Lowry regards as being "better" than the generally impoverished neighbours. The result nearly ended Lowry's career entirely.

For more information on Lowry please follow this wiki link - L.S. Lowry

The title is a link to the IMDb entry for the film.

Timothy Spall......... Turner, now Lowry. I see a trend forming. :)

Latest Threads