What film have you just watched?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Black Gestapo. '70s blaxploitation flic. Plenty of top bollox on show, plenty of violence, plenty of it racially motivated. Should be right up this audience's street.
Netflix? Amazon?

Black Gestapo. '70s blaxploitation flic. Plenty of top bollox on show, plenty of violence, plenty of it racially motivated. Should be right up this audience's street.
To be fair I doubt there are many actual racists on this site although maybe one or two people sail a bit too close to the wind and stray a little towards that designation from time to time.

I would also say that what may on occasion be perceived as racism is more as a result of the general piss-taking where no subject, object or person is held to be sacred or exempt, whatever the circumstances.

1574022296278.png

Saw it last night at the local community cinema.

Very, very enjoyable.

Imagine being transported to a world where the Beatles never got together (John Lennon becomes an artist, for instance) and you're the only musician who knows their work. Yeah. That's what I thought too. I was wrong. Loved it (but as much as someone else on here loves Mama Mia).

incentive: you will earn blow job points if you watch it with your missus.

Final sealing of the deal: Lily James is in it, phwoar!

edit: removing a mong finger moment

NSP

LE
To be fair I doubt there are many actual racists on this site although maybe one or two people sail a bit too close to the wind and stray a little towards that designation from time to time.

I would also say that what may on occasion be perceived as racism is more as a result of the general piss-taking where no subject, object or person is held to be sacred or exempt, whatever the circumstances.
To clarify, I was referring to the violence rather than the racism. A bit of gratuitous violence seems to go down well with the action film buffs on this thread.

TamH70

MIA
View attachment 430841

Very, very enjoyable.

Imagine being transported to a world where the Beatles never got together (John Lennon becomes an artist, for instance) and you're the only musician who knows their work. Yeah. That's what I thought too. I was wrong. Loved it (but as much as someone else on here loves Mama Mia).

The only thing bad about the Beatles not existing is that Oasis wouldn't have happened either. Besides, Yesterday has Richard Curtis' grubby paws all over it and he's been crap since Four Weddings.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just watched The Post with Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep, excellent movie.

I do like the Spielberg/Hanks cooperation. They make good films.

The only thing bad about the Beatles not existing is that Oasis wouldn't have happened either. Besides, Yesterday has Richard Curtis' grubby paws all over it and he's been crap since Four Weddings.
Lily James though!

ches

LE
Watched Ledger as the Joker in Dark Knight again. Still a masterful performance & scene stealing every time he's on screen. The excellent ad-lib in the exploding hospital scene still cracks me up, superb bit of professionalism keeping it going.

Hippohunter

Old-Salt
Squadron 303

I had been looking forward to see this for some time having looked into the history of 303 squadron. Very disappointed all round. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Arctic - Mads Mikkelsen (sp?) of "Hannibal" and "Rogue One" fame stars as the lone survivor of a plane crash, trying to get rescued. Basically dialogue-free, it's a terrifically tense movie, which doesn't overstay its welcome at around 90 minutes long. I've never seen a man so desperate for a Pot Noodle. Beautiful cinematography and sterling effort all round. Highly recommended.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
View attachment 430841

Very, very enjoyable.

Scrolling down your comment, all I noticed was: "blow job" and Lily James.

I'm disappointed in the reality.

Halfway through "Danger Close".
The battle of Long Tan in Vietnam, Australian and New Zealand forces.
We tried watching Danger Close last night.
The first 10 minutes pissed me off so much I turned it off.

Incoming Artillery, possible 'Zips in the wire', "Oh, well, we'll continue playing Cards", the turn off came when the two idiots in the trench started drinking beer and one got shot. I don't care who's Army you are in, Artillery and a possible base attack are NOT times when you play cards and drink beer, you would cack your pants and stand too Rifle in Hand ASAP. Plus the acting was dire.

NSP

LE
Anti-Social. Endured 20mins and then even I had to bin it.

NSP

LE
I watched Midnight Cowboy for the first time last week.

Normally it’s not something that would tickle my interest, I like old films but the premise didn’t really grab me.

John Schlesinger, the director (who won an Oscar for it) was my grandfather’s first cousin. They grew up together. For this reason I thought I’d give it a try.

Glad I did. Fantastic movie. They don’t make em like they used to.

Also contains the classic and often copied “I’m walking here!” Line when Dustin Hoffman nearly gets run over by a taxi. Apparently this wasn’t rehearsed and a rogue taxi really did encroach into the scene.

Marathon Man next on the list.

“Is it safe?”
Cracking theme, too - nice bit of harmonica work.

Squadron 303

I had been looking forward to see this for some time having looked into the history of 303 squadron. Very disappointed all round. Maybe I was expecting too much.
Awesome subject with a poor watered down plot, predictable script and utterly rubbish CGI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NSP

LE
Bitter Victory. Curt Jurgens and Richard Burton give Rommel another headache. Classic but not as derring-do as some of the other North Africa flicks to come out in the B&W era. Not a patch on Ice Cold... for example.

Latest Threads