What film have you just watched?

Been watching "Danger Close'', the battle of Long Tan(2019) on a streaming site

Very good so far, only tech glitch is an obvious lack of spent casings ejecting from the SLR's, Owens, M16's, AK's

Been watching "Danger Close'', the battle of Long Tan(2019) on a streaming site

Very good so far, only tech glitch is an obvious lack of spent casings ejecting from the SLR's, Owens, M16's, AK's
Totally gen. Went on a few exs where we had to shout bang and that would be with THAT rifle, smudge or the shake-rattle'n'roller. Gawd bless the Labour party of the 1970s

TamH70

MIA
Totally gen. Went on a few exs where we had to shout bang and that would be with THAT rifle, smudge or the shake-rattle'n'roller. Gawd bless the Labour party of the 1970s
T.A. and cadet bods had to do that in the Eighties as well. Only we shouted Budda! Budda!

Trying to locate a film I saw advertised about 2yrs ago at the pictures.
I think it's a true story.
A Nazi doctor from one of the camps escapes to Argentina after the war. When he was a doctor in the camps he was experimenting on young girls.
When he "relocstes" to Argentina village, a young girl goes missing.

Dies this ring a bell with anyone?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Kirkz

LE
Quasimodo?

A Nazi doctor from one of the camps escapes to Argentina after the war. When he was a doctor in the camps he was experimenting on young girls.

Toy story 4

Or maybe to deny the Russians the excuse to be in West Berlin whilst the wall was still up.
There were four places in West Berlin where the Sovs had the right to have armed troops. The other three were:

The Soviet War Memorial
The Allied Konmandamtura
The Berlin Air Safety Centre

The biggest of them however was Spandau as they bought their entire guard complement into the prison in one go and stagged on for a month. Certainly a concern to us as they were next door to both the tank park and our ammunition store.

That being said, there were also a small number of nutters who stood outside on certain days holding a candlelight vigil, including on Hess’ birthday. Hence not only smashing the place down but also building the new pad’s NAAFI on the site (“Hessco’s”). Not even the most ardent Nazi was going to hold a vigil outside of a NAAFI.

Wannsee had no such connection. Indeed until the first film, I’m not sure the villa was widely known outside Berlin history buffs...

Greatest Events of WWII in Colour

New series on Netflix but the narration in the trailer put me off.

Dresden - "The usual form was for the bombers to avoid flak and drop their bombs far from the target."

Who wrote that tosh, the same libtard who claims that the Allies did not win the war?

NSP

LE
T.A. and cadet bods had to do that in the Eighties as well. Only we shouted Budda! Budda!
I was a "cadet bod" in the 80s and every time we went off to the range to go "bang" it was a very loud bang accompanied by a very obvious case ejection.

We must have been the lucky ones...

Greatest Events of WWII in Colour

New series on Netflix but the narration in the trailer put me off.

Dresden - "The usual form was for the bombers to avoid flak and drop their bombs far from the target."

Who wrote that tosh, the same libtard who claims that the Allies did not win the war?
There was at least one incident of that here. On 22nd.February 1944, eight hundred and thirty plus Dutch civvies were killed in one daylight raid in my town (mass graves are still to be seen locally) done by US aircraft avoiding flak so successfully that they missed Germany, and their designated target, altogether. After the first fires started other aircraft came over and helped out. The aircrew involved received reprimands, though many were killed later in the war. The 'creative getting lost' was one of the many reasons (though a minor one) for mass formation bombing later on. It was such a painfully felt event that the last bomb-sites from that attack were cleared and rebuilt only twelve years ago.

slick

LE

This one ?.... The German Doctor (2013) - IMDb

SDFA

Clanker
Watching an oldie at the min (young un going through an Arnie phase) and have just noticed that a major leading character has said the same lines in 2 major (seperate) movies...can you name the actor?

Watching an oldie at the min (young un going through an Arnie phase) and have just noticed that a major leading character has said the same lines in 2 major (seperate) movies...can you name the actor?
Richard Burton.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Vice.
Christian Bale superb as that scumbag Dick Cheney. An excellent film albeit leaning a tad politically! It is supposed to be based on fact & if so what a complete thundercnut the bloke is.

The Green Book
Another based on a true story type, Viggo Mortensen brilliant as a new yoik italian working class bouncer type who takes a job in 62 as a driver for a 'posh', well educated premier pianist who happens to be black. Brilliant characters & script with some great WTF moments at the utter barbarity of the US segregation laws in the southern states at that time.

Both films highly recommended.
Regarding the "Based on a true story" bit Quite an interesting YouTube historian currently doing his PhD on American History, particularly the USA's small wars and domestic (national) violence.

Latest Threads