What film have you just watched?

Awol

LE
The Raven

with Vincent Price -

In fact, I'd been finding it harder and hard to torrent stuff to the point where I just gave up. I don't really like watching films anyway.

Then someone sent me a link. Unsolicited. And it's like a netflix kind of free for all. I spent about 2 hours the other night trying to find something to watch. After you've watched Narcos and Vikings and LOTR and god knows what else (not much), then it's all a bit of a let down. Kid in the candy store but nothing takes your fancy.

Then I found the old Vincent Price filums.

Pit and the Pendulum et al. You know the ones. God some of them are really bad. But all really well shot and a beautiful example of the time.

I scratched my head as I watched them: did I watch this in black 'n' white or full colour? I think I must have watched them in Black 'n' White.

Brings back strange memories of being a young boy. Tired at night.

Next up:

The Quatermass Experiment!

I think that might have been the first time I learned to respect authority!

Better them than me, going down that dark deep pit!

And it never ended well for them.

It was a cheering night's entertainment drifting back down memory lane I can tell you!

I never realised what a truly great actor Vincent Price was before.

Could do very sinister, or very camp, or very innocent, or very sexy!

And could be very funny too.

I tried to watch some other of his films like 'House of 1000 Dolls', but they didn't show up in the feed.

Not sure how much longer this Netflix rip-off will work, but it's an interesting proposition having all the world's media at your fingertips, and the best you can come up with is old Vincent Price Movies.

Oh, I watched Joker too. Meh. Was Ok.

I have no interest at all in any modern 'cinema'.

Jack Warner (Inspector Lomax ) in Quatermass!

Now we're talking.

Got to be up there with little Alex getting snot flobbed in his face by that hard bastward copper:

The lamb-chop sideboards are still a nice touch to this day.
If you're looking for inspiration for what to watch, use this thread, the last ten movies I've watched have been recommended from here.

Awol

LE
Spy.... Jude Law and Jason Statham.

James Bondy type spoof. Features 'plump' female CIA agent entering field operations for the first time. Statham takes the piss out of his usual roles, claiming ever increasing outlandish tales of his survival in past missions. Suitcase nuke in the hands of the baddies, gorgeous female criminal mastermind, clichés everywhere, but seriously tongue in cheek.

Enjoyable nonsense.

If you're looking for inspiration for what to watch, use this thread, the last ten movies I've watched have been recommended from here.
For the past couple of years when the wife is scouting the web for new releases she always asks "what do your stupid Arrsers say about it?" she regards Arrse opinions as Gospel and much more accurate than IMBD scores.

PS: Don't take the 'stupid' as a personal insult, everything is stupid, her bosses, co-workers, me, best friends, dogs, birds, kids, anything really, we even left the ZOO early one time because the animals were stupid and pissing her off.

An Ungentlemanly Act... on VHS tape. How very retro. Anyone want it? PM me your addy and I'll lob it in the post. First one gets it.

An Ungentlemanly Act... on VHS tape. How very retro. Anyone want it? PM me your addy and I'll lob it in the post. First one gets it.
An Ungentlemanly Act you say:
Send Collect to DJT. 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500, United States

I maybe wrong, but I didn't think they planned for an attack to come from the sea side in a major city on a popular beach front using a low key dinghy - that's like having someone come over on the Thames with a boat and start shooting. There are only so many resources and so many scenarios you can plan for.

The same reason 7/7 happened in London. And 9/11. And others.
OK - I managed to watch the whole thing today as I had a bit of of a down time with work later in the afternoon, but yes, it was brutal for sure.

I think more than any other style terrorist attacks, these will be the type which may happen more frequently. Maybe I am preaching to the choir who already knows about everything.

Don’t think it would be made today though.
Maybe, But except for some tech glitches (1 which could not be helped)

432's as LVTP-7's and L4Brens among the Argie naval Cdo's and a Blue (inert) spoon on the argie Officers M67frag

I thought it very well done

Like the Mike Norman and ADM Bussers roles

An Ungentlemanly Act you say:
Send Collect to DJT. 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500, United States
Appropriately enough, it contains the line, "**** off, you spic bastard!"

Donnie would appreciate it, I'm sure.

Bet it said ‘The offer to surrender was politely declined’ in subsequent reports.

ches

LE
Vice.
Christian Bale superb as that scumbag Dick Cheney. An excellent film albeit leaning a tad politically! It is supposed to be based on fact & if so what a complete thundercnut the bloke is.

The Green Book
Another based on a true story type, Viggo Mortensen brilliant as a new yoik italian working class bouncer type who takes a job in 62 as a driver for a 'posh', well educated premier pianist who happens to be black. Brilliant characters & script with some great WTF moments at the utter barbarity of the US segregation laws in the southern states at that time.

Both films highly recommended.

Last edited:
The Devil next Door. Documentary on Netflix about Ivan the Terrible, the notorious guard from the Treblinka death camp.
Fascinating

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Official Secrets. Kiera Knighty Knighty.

Story about the Observer printing the GCHQ memo about Katharine Gun who exposed a US plot to spy on the UN regarding a possible illegal war against Iraq and breaking the Official Secrets act in doing so.

Overall it was a well done film and worth a watch.

If you have ever wondered how film scripts are written here's a classic to read:

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

BC & SK

that came from here

Both are free and legit, nothing dodgy about either one.

philc

LE
Another thumbs up for The King, not sure how it works being a TV movie but a possible Oscar winner.

BlackDyke

War Hero
The Devil next Door. Documentary on Netflix about Ivan the Terrible, the notorious guard from the Treblinka death camp.
Fascinating

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Was he or wasn't he?
I seem to remember this went on for ages, one minute he was Ivan then the next he wasn't and freed.
I think it's the same bloke.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Vice.
Christian Bale superb as that scumbag Dick Cheney. An excellent film albeit leaning a tad politically! It is supposed to be based on fact & if so what a complete thundercnut the bloke is.

The Green Book
Another based on a true story type, Viggo Mortensen brilliant as a new yoik italian working class bouncer type who takes a job in 62 as a driver for a 'posh', well educated premier pianist who happens to be black. Brilliant characters & script with some great WTF moments at the utter barbarity of the US segregation laws in the southern states at that time.

Both films highly recommended.
Just watched The Green Book on your recommendation. I really enjoyed it, not the first film I’ve seen that highlighted how bad it was in the Southern States and you can understand why Ali threw his Olympic medal away.

Midnight Express on Netflix. A 1978 classic re: a semi true story about American Billy Hayes who tried to smuggle 2kg of hash back to the States. Originally given 4 years and with only 53 days to go the court changes it to a Life Sentence. Turkey filed a grievance about the directors portrayal of the brutality and conditions in the Jail which went nowhere so they banned it in Turkey. Although the story is set largely in Turkey, the movie was filmed almost entirely at Fort Saint Elmo in Valletta, Malta.
1573216369149.png

Latest Threads