What film have you just watched?

slick

LE
Currently watching Lawrence of Arabia.

Excellent Sunday afternoon film.
Must`ve watched it umpteen times, still enjoying it now. First time I saw it was at the Odeon in Plymouth back in the late 1960s when still a nipper, left a lasting impression.

Must`ve watched it umpteen times, still enjoying it now. First time I saw it was at the Odeon in Plymouth back in the late 1960s when still a nipper, left a lasting impression.
That could be an interesting spin off thread:
"What was your first cinema fillum and when."
My first trip to a cinema was when I was about 6 or 7 and was "The Big Country" in '66-67. I really only remember the music.

That could be an interesting spin off thread:
"What was your first cinema fillum and when."
My first trip to a cinema was when I was about 6 or 7 and was "The Big Country" in '66-67. I really only remember the music.
Summer Holiday. I was 3. I remember it because of the big red bus. I gave its performance 10/10. Cliff and his gang, a mere 2. M'eh! Harsh but fair, I think

NSP

LE
F&F: Hobbs & Shaw. More pumping rock soundtrack and choreogrpahed fight action to chill out to. But, seriously, grabbing the sprung grenade, clamping the spoon down and shoving the pin back in...?

The fuse is already burning, right? So, goodnight Gracie...?

Currently watching Lawrence of Arabia.

Excellent Sunday afternoon film.
Last week I watched my DVD copy on TV ... with several glasses of alcoholic refreshment ... the film rightly deserves many superlatives but the scenery always steals the show .... I read Seven Pillars of Wisdom , abridged version , as a GCE Literature book at school ... later as a young man I actually went to Lawrence's cottage near Bovington RAC

Just watched (again!) Apollo 13 on ITV4.
Absolute corker of a film and notwithstanding a little bit of Hollywood fluff, all the more impressive given it is based on real events. Amazing human endeavour in adversity - I can’t believe it’s the 50th anniversary next April.

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
F&F: Hobbs & Shaw. More pumping rock soundtrack and choreogrpahed fight action to chill out to. But, seriously, grabbing the sprung grenade, clamping the spoon down and shoving the pin back in...?

The fuse is already burning, right? So, goodnight Gracie...?
There's a clue in the genre- it's a movie...

If you really want to get your knickers in a twist, watch U-571

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NSP

LE
There's a clue in the genre- it's a movie...

If you really want to get your knickers in a twist, watch U-571

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I already tied my boxers in a knot over that one, FFS.

I get the Hollywood shite. I also get the Hollywoood trend for trying to be reasonably realistic,

At least U-571 had a "truth statement" in the end credits,

Ritch

LE
Tomb Raider.

Having played the video games, I was apprehensive whether the film would work but it wasn't too bad. I thought it was a touch predictable but I'd give it 3/5.

BigT

LE
I already tied my boxers in a knot over that one, FFS.

I get the Hollywood shite. I also get the Hollywoood trend for trying to be reasonably realistic,

At least U-571 had a "truth statement" in the end credits,
Wasn't the disclaimer at the end of U-571 only added after a raft of complaints.

Mrsheeny

Old-Salt
I watched 5 minutes of ‘Welcome to Marwen’ with Steve Carrell, shite.

Watched 10 minutes of ‘Mile 22’ with Mark Wahlberg, shite.

Watched about 60minutes of ‘England is Mine’ about the Smiths. It was 60 minutes thinking, this is shite but I’ll give it a bit longer to get going and never did. Absolutely awful film.

Triple Frontier, Sicario 2 and Lawrence of Arabia are the only good films I’ve watched in the last 6 months.

TamH70

MIA
Tomb Raider.

Having played the video games, I was apprehensive whether the film would work but it wasn't too bad. I thought it was a touch predictable but I'd give it 3/5.
Was it the one with Angelina Jolie?

Awol

LE
Watched Kajaki last night, the story of 3 Para having a really bad day. Harrowing stuff and no mistake.

The language used by the troops was the most realistic I think I've ever seen in a film, with just about every sentence containing the F word or the C word.

One bloke got a George Medal, which I can understand as he displayed extreme courage, but didn't qualify for a George Cross as he was not in direct contact with the enemy. But then, the bloke who died did get the George Cross, despite being in exactly the same situation. Anyone able to shed light on this?

Great film anyway.

Latest Threads