What film have you just watched?

A really old school one.....Swordfish on Amazon Prime.

Plenty of Hally Berry nips in the movie....forgot they even showed them.

NSP

LE

Apparently she demanded $1m a tit to get them out. Thye're on screen, unfettered and awesome, for all of a couple of seconds. Nice work if you can get it.

I do like that movie! Been a while since I watched, even had a DVD of it once - remember DVDs?

One of my fav scenes from it.

I personally like the sniper scene. One way of stopping a scouser talking

Desert Rats 1953. Still as good as the first time round. Quality doesn't die.

Not strictly a film thing but The Capture. Yes I know there's a soldier in it but it really is about the concept of the "Camera doesn't lie". Starts off with an insurgent getting shot rather like the real incident and Helmet cams with the concept that what is seen never really happened. Not a new theme certainly, but it seems the hypothesis is set that in certain circumstances vested interest will tamper with evidence to get their own way. Dark in places but certainly watchable.

Desert Rats 1953. Still as good as the first time round. Quality doesn't die.

Not strictly a film thing but The Capture. Yes I know there's a soldier in it but it really is about the concept of the "Camera doesn't lie". Starts off with an insurgent getting shot rather like the real incident and Helmet cams with the concept that what is seen never really happened. Not a new theme certainly, but it seems the hypothesis is set that in certain circumstances vested interest will tamper with evidence to get their own way. Dark in places but certainly watchable.
Also the voice editing, a skill that goes back to a WW2 era if not before. It influence our Big 4 only while under interrogation ( as if! ) Our Cousins summarised it rather neatly following their Vietnam experiences - "Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see"

Only the sophistication of the technology has changed besides the volume of cctv on UK streets in particular.

Also the voice editing, a skill that goes back to a WW2 era if not before. It influence our Big 4 only while under interrogation ( as if! ) Our Cousins summarised it rather neatly following their Vietnam experiences - "Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see"

Only the sophistication of the technology has changed besides the volume of cctv on UK streets in particular.
Well interesting was in one of the Justification scenes is that the Chinese had started it and the Russians followed suit. Otherwise bang on

The Pianist which is on Netflix. It’s about a Jewish pianist in Warsaw in WW2. It’s a true dit and absolutely excellent. Well worth a watch

TamH70

MIA
Currently watching the back half of "Groundhog Day", for the umpteenth time. It never seems to get old. Andie McDowell has never been more radiant and Bill Murray is superb.

Currently watching Desert Mice, Sd James, John Lemerurier Alfred Marks plus -----

A young Liz Fraser and a young Dora Bryan, both showing a reasonable amount of flesh. Shame it's in B/W.

I always rather fancied that Dora Bryan would be quite fun between the sheets.

I've just watched the 2017 version of Battle of The Bulge: Wunderland on freeview.

V. poor indeed. It creaked along and the CGI used in it looked like something out of a video game... a very old one. Amateurish and pointless.

NSP

LE
I've just watched the 2017 version of Battle of The Bulge: Wunderland on freeview.

V. poor indeed. It creaked along and the CGI used in it looked like something out of a video game... a very old one. Amateurish and pointless.
Be honest: it was shite.

Shaun the Sheep: Farmageddon

Aardman are back on top form after their pretty dismal Early Man film.

Shaun the sheep and his mates are back in a sci-fi adventure with the tag line "Close Encounters of the Furred Kind" :)

It's great fun and one for the adults as well as the sprogs. The adults will be kept entertained spotting the nods to classic sci-fi movies and TV such as 2001, Close Encounters, Forbidden Planet and Dr Who, plus more recent shows like Red Dwarf, the X Files, Wall-E and Transformers while the sprogs will enjoy the visual humour.

Keep an eye on the signs and shop names as well - there are few quick laughs sneaked in there as well - a food supermarket called Milliways and garage "HG Wheels"...

Recommended :thumright:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Have you seen her in The Monsters Ball? She’s very naughty in that.:-D

Just watched 'Isle of Dogs'
Set in Japan, young lad in search of his dog after all dogs are banished from the main Island.
Weird but entertaining and well animated.

Latest Threads