What film have you just watched?

Fùck you're clever, I wish I could reveiw a film I couldn't possibly have seen yet like you seem to be able to.

AS ITS NOT OUT UNTIL NEXT YEAR YOU POMPOUS BELLEND
I saw the trailer and it was the usual shash that these films have proven to be, though marginally better than the new Charlie's Angels offering.

If it turns out to be a cinematic feast that Fellini couldn't match I will apologise.

Happy now sweety.

Ooooh yeah ya can tell what a full film is like from a trailer...

Tell ya what I will stick to giving opinions when I have watched a film rather than just taking a wild ass guess.

Some can infer the tone and main aspects of a film from its trailer, it's what it's for.

They're not exactly nuanced for the most part, and for a flashy action adventure featuring a comic book protagonist known for violence with a big hammer. . . . . . the trailer is a fair representation.

Joker had a trailer that also gave a fair idea of what to expect. No karate fights, car chases or exploding helicopters.

You can also gauge a lot from reading articles in publications, esspecially ones that have slated one film quite broadly, mainly based on the skintone and gender of the protagonist, yet praise another as vastly superior using the same genital/melanin based metric.

Last edited:
Breaking Bad follow-up film to be shown on Netflix 11 October: "El Camino".

Well, I'm excited. Much ale and crispy bacon will be laid in.

Everyone I know who have seen it loved it one way or another.

Society truly has become over sensitive and obsessed with reading too deeply into everything. Imagine the meltdown among the snowflakes if we ever had another World or European War.
Imagine them watching the Dam Busters at the Imax.

With surround sound, and some Max Headroom effects every time the dog appears...

I also love how the Guardian slates it for promoting 'Loner Violence and Extremism' and then recommends another film that does the same

Does it being low budget make it more edgy and socially acceptable to their lefty brains?
Yup. It will have been made with oodles of grants, won't ever make a profit and will become a film title to know and trot out (not necessarily to have seen though) to dem your cred as a film buff -- that's someone who reads reviews and art mags but never goes to the cinema. In short, a cnut.

Edit mong fingers

Just watched a trailer for a film to be released in Australia in January 2020 - "1917".

The storyline appears to be that a British attack on German lines is planned and then intelligence determines that the Germans have planned a trap and that the British forces will be annihilated. Two men, one of whom has a brother in the attacking force, are detailed to go forward and inform the attacking force that the attack has been cancelled. Directed by the chappie that did Skyfall and from the brief trailer he was determined to include every horror imaginable from the Western Front.

Just started watching Seven and realised it was a bad time to have a late lunch.
When it was first out in the cinemas I took a lass on a first date to see it. Didn't get a second date, or anything else that evening.

sunny james

Old-Salt
"Westerplatte resists" on Netflix; 1965 film about the defence of Westerplatte against the German invaders. They held out for about 5 days despite being shelled by a battleship, field guns and suffering a Stuka raid of 60 aircraft. Very well made, with authentic weapons and equipment used and actual newsreel cleverly worked in. Sticks mostly to actual events and the fates of key personnel.
Just found it on YouTube.

Overlord? Some yank Airborne have to attack a town ahead of the D-Day landings to clear a tower. Historically accurate, I have studied the landings for over 30 years and this was a huge threat to the mission.

Well we saw Joker this afternoon - the Guardian can go get fucked, then double fucked.

Brilliant.

One of the best directed and shot films for a while. Acting was top notch and the score was spot on - I can't find anything to criticise, even the tempo makes sense in slower scenes.

...and this from the guy who did The Hangover! Who'd have thunk.

Sad though. Many films are far more violent but maybe this is real world scary to people because of the real world issues we have with mental health.

I can see how he could mature from this to HL's anarchistic version in the Dark Knight. After all, Arthur's transformation is nothing more than a collective set of circumstances, or mistakes, that happen to fall as they do. He genuinely wanted to make people laugh, have a good day and make things better - fate had other ideas it seems - which he's now well on the way to embracing fully.
Went to see it with a 4 mates last night. I agree with everything about the score, direction and acting. You just can't take your eye off Joaquin for a moment.

Afterwards I asked them what they thought of it. Two hadn't read any reviews and were totally unprepared for it. One of which though it was ace, the other thought it was very disturbing and should have been an 18 cert. Of the other two one again thought it was ace, the other thought for a moment and then said "There but for the grace of god......" but then he's always been someone you'd stay clear of when he's had a few pints and then goes very quiet.

I'm really into superhero movies - Avengers, Iron Man et al but Joker and Dark Night I really liked.

One of my mates said "it's all a bit dystopian, but it couldn't really happen - all that mass uprising etc" I just reminded him of how it all kicked off when that scrote Duggan was shot. Someday, maybe, they'll be an alignment of the thieving looters that came out of the woodwork after that, and the XR/Occupy/1% idiots who just need pushing into a little anarchy and chaos by their marxist/SWP infiltrators. Just wait until the protesters replace their V-Vendetta masks with clown masks, then you'll know it's coming.

Wrt the fuss over the use of a Gary Glitter track in the film, it's prompted a huge upload of YouTube clips where the same scene is set to different soundtracks. Some quite funny.

Went to see it with a 4 mates last night. I agree with everything about the score, direction and acting. You just can't take your eye off Joaquin for a moment.

Afterwards I asked them what they thought of it. Two hadn't read any reviews and were totally unprepared for it. One of which though it was ace, the other thought it was very disturbing and should have been an 18 cert. Of the other two one again thought it was ace, the other thought for a moment and then said "There but for the grace of god......" but then he's always been someone you'd stay clear of when he's had a few pints and then goes very quiet.

I'm really into superhero movies - Avengers, Iron Man et al but Joker and Dark Night I really liked.

One of my mates said "it's all a bit dystopian, but it couldn't really happen - all that mass uprising etc" I just reminded him of how it all kicked off when that scrote Duggan was shot. Someday, maybe, they'll be an alignment of the thieving looters that came out of the woodwork after that, and the XR/Occupy/1% idiots who just need pushing into a little anarchy and chaos by their marxist/SWP infiltrators. Just wait until the protesters replace their V-Vendetta masks with clown masks, then you'll know it's coming.

Wrt the fuss over the use of a Gary Glitter track in the film, it's prompted a huge upload of YouTube clips where the same scene is set to different soundtracks. Some quite funny.
WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

I was very quiet on the car journey home after watching it, the hallmark of a damned fine film as I was mulling it over in my mind for a while afterwards.

The missus commented "You're quiet. Are you thinking how much you have in common with the Joker?"

"Why would you say that?" to which she just let out a big laugh.

I asked her last night what she meant by that and her answer was:
"What he says to the Robert de Niro character before he shoots him, I can see you saying that."

I think what she meant was I'd agree with it, at least I hope that's what she meant.

As for people not participating in a mass uprising after a single incident don't realise how much of a knife edge society is resting on. The Rodney King incident is one case in point.

Edited to add stuff that I missed out (because I'm off my meds.)

Sat through this little Netflix film out of bordem and booze the other night.

It's the true(ish) tail of the man who invented Wonder Women.

The guy was a true perv savent IMHO (could have been based at Odiem in another life).

7/10.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk
She Casts No Shadow is out for telhe evening so decided to watched it. Just out of curiosity you must understand.
Not a bad pic to be honest

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Widows from Steve McQueen,(the other one)with Liam Neeson and Colin Farrel.
A good idea for a story and well filmed but too drawn out. Even though very sober and that on a Friday,
I had to Google the end because i was absolutely clueless.
Simply too many holes in the plot,shame really.

Widows from Steve McQueen,(the other one)with Liam Neeson and Colin Farrel.
A good idea for a story and well filmed but too drawn out. Even though very sober and that on a Friday,
I had to Google the end because i was absolutely clueless.
Simply too many holes in the plot,shame really.
Might your confusion relate to the fact that you don't seem to have noticed any of the Women who I understand feature prominently in the story?

Blogg

LE
Breaking Bad follow-up film to be shown on Netflix 11 October: "El Camino".

Well, I'm excited. Much ale and crispy bacon will be laid in.
Dropped today and just watched it.

It's not what some might have been expecting but works well. Excellent performance from Aaron Paul, especially in the longer slower paced flashback scenes with the Neo Nazi nut job Todd

Latest Threads