What film have you just watched?

philc

LE
Have to agree. I really cannot think of a truly bad Tom Hanks movie - although I might not have been paying attention in the early years
The remake of the Ladykillers, for the love of god, why?

What about “Oh you fuckin pussy, hit me a-“ WHAM!

“I’m in the kharzi!” will never have the same urgency as it did in Dog Soldiers.

Anyone seen the sequel? I believe it’s a load of crap.
Didn't know there was a sequel. To be honest, Dog Soldiers is one of those films that's only awesome while it's a one off.

Once upon a time in Hollywood.

Enjoyed it, didn’t seem like it was 2.5 hours. Moments of brilliance, moments that dragged. No doubt I missed most the references

Some really weird dirty foot fetishising going on

Damian Lewis as Steve McQueen is extraordinary

Last edited:

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Wasn’t that also the case with Audie Murphy’s film To Hell and Back? Some of his actual exploits had to be toned down for believabilty.
I have his biography and it is brilliant, modest and retiring but he was a brave little chap.

The Great Outdoors.

Absolutely brilliant fun. Properly nostalgic and a good bit of acting by Candy and Ackroyd

He became addicted to morphine (administered due to wounds) and went cold turkey for a couple of weeks locked alone in an hotel room. A different kind of courage.
Also ended up in dire straits with regards to money at one time. Yet refused any high pay as offers from tobacco companies as he didn't wish give a bad influence.

Also ended up in dire straits with regards to money at one time. Yet refused any high pay as offers from tobacco companies as he didn't wish give a bad influence.
I read somewhere that he was working in a gym or similar as a janitor. A film producer somehow found out and decided that a man who had The Medal of Honor deserved better, and that was how he got into films.

Latest Threads