What film have you just watched?

John Wick 3: Parabellum.

Well, light on dilogue, he seem's to suffer quite traumatic injury and recover's at the drop of a hat, he seem's to wear the same bloodstained manky clothes even after travelling across half the planet, why would the CEO of the worlds largest criminal enterprise live, well, where he lives. The mrs thought it was pointless and a waste of a couple of hours of her life.

Don't tell her, but for totally mindless film violence, seeing Taran Butlers firearms in action, it was non-brain strainingly entertaining. However, if you want something with some depth, meaning and a deep rooted storyline then look elsewhere.

Kursk (2018)

A pretty good film with some chilling scenes. The interesting bit was how the Russians naively denied any real help and effectively signed the initial survivors death due to political indecision.

White House Down (2013)

Utter garbage Die Hard rip off. Channing Tatum, & Jamie Foxx in some of the most nauseating scenes you'll ever see.

Kursk (2018)

A pretty good film with some chilling scenes. The interesting bit was how the Russians naively denied any real help and effectively signed the initial survivors death due to political indecision.

NSP

LE
Kursk (2018)

They couldn't get the real Seaway Eagle (currently the Seven Eagle) so they used the Atlantic Tonjer. She was the Normand Tonjer when I sailed on her.

Kursk (2018)

White House Down (2013)

Utter garbage Die Hard rip off. Channing Tatum, & Jamie Foxx in some of the most nauseating scenes you'll ever see.

Kursk (2018)

There were two movies based on the White House being attackedthat were released at the same time. White House Down was the one I didn’t like, can’t remember the other one but I liked that one more. Aaron Elkhart (sp) was in it and the presidents wife dies in a car accident at the beginning of it.

There were two movies based on the White House being attackedthat were released at the same time. White House Down was the one I didn’t like, can’t remember the other one but I liked that one more. Aaron Elkhart (sp) was in it and the presidents wife dies in a car accident at the beginning of it.
Olympus Has fallen and yes, much better.

I did read somewhere that Doss was shot during one of his many rescues and carried on. Gibson felt that the audience wouldn't believe it, so he left it out!
Wasn’t that also the case with Audie Murphy’s film To Hell and Back? Some of his actual exploits had to be toned down for believabilty.

Mad Max, the original. Quite good considering it’s 40 years old. DVD had the language option of Original Australian - when I saw it first in the cinema it was dubbed American for wider audiences, and even with RHD cars I didn’t clock back then it was set elsewhere than a lawless future USA.
One of the things that struck me was the skinny tyres on 1000cc motorbikes compared to what they run on now.

The Kindergarten Teacher

Maggie Gyllenhaal stars. Frustrated wannabe poet kindergarten teacher comes across a 6 year old poet prodigy. She tries hard to gain recognition for this savant but....

Shot in only 23 days, well made, interesting support cast and a very unusual storyline indeed.

It's a slow burner leading towards a personal/professional tragedy and a betrayal from an unexpected quarter.

A thoughtful piece.

You'll stick with it or bin it in 10 minutes.

And, yes, she does get them out.

Awol

LE
Bobby Sands: 66 days. A great movie about the trials and tribulation of a world renowned political man. Truly a good film that shows that a people determined to be free will not be shattered by any British foreign human militarism and savagery. The resolute perseverance of the man largely undettered in the face of an empire. A good watch for the users of this forum.
Now folks, without googling, who were the other hunger strikers that croaked?

Nope, me neither. Wasn't really worth it then.

Now folks, without googling, who were the other hunger strikers that croaked?

Nope, me neither. Wasn't really worth it then.
To be honest, I didn't even recall there being other hunger strikers. Says it all I guess.

Awol

LE
Horrible Histories with the youngest. Not great, really average actually. Considering how much fun the TV show was, I consider it disappointing and my daughter said: 7/10. Which is about 2 or 3 more than I'd give it.
I lost all faith in the books when the one about WW1 said "The generals were always incredibly stupid".

Cretins.

Latest Threads